How the Bookies See It:
- Match Betting: Australia 2/9, New Zealand 4/1, Draw 18/1 – Ladbrokes
- Handicap Betting: Australia (-12) 11/10, New Zealand (+12) 10/11, Draw (-12) 16/1 – Paddy Power
- Australia began their Four Nations journey to the final by beating Scotland 54-12 on Friday 28th October. They followed that by meeting New Zealand on Saturday 5th November, and winning 14-8, before facing England on Sunday 13th November, where they emerged 36-18 victors. The Kangaroos have won three matches from three and scored 104 points whilst conceding just 38 to reach the final in decisive style.
- New Zealand’s Four Nations campaign started on Saturday 29th October, when they beat England 17-16. Following their defeat to Australia, they draw against the tournament outsiders, Scotland. That gives the Kiwis one win, one draw and one loss from their three matches, scoring 43 points and conceding 48.
It is extremely difficult to make a case for New Zealand being able to win this match, given that the Kiwis have won just one match from three and only managed to achieve their victory over England by a single point. Australia, by comparison, are unbeaten in this tournament, and have already demonstrated their ability to overcome New Zealand, so a repeat of that result looks almost inevitable.
Whilst Australia are – according to recent form – a confident selection to win this match, the short odds on offer don’t make them an attractive betting prospect in the Match Betting market. We will therefore side with the Kangaroos to beat New Zealand by a wider margin than they did a couple of weeks ago, and tip them to win with a -12 handicap.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Australia to win with a (-12) handicap – 11/10 with Paddy Power
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.