Could Hillary Clinton Be Jailed?
One of the most jaw-dropping moments of the battle for the White House came at a debate last month when Trump vowed to appoint a special prosecutor to examine Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email account to discuss official business during her time as Secretary of State, saying she would ‘be in jail’ if he won. Now that Trump has been elected president, Paddy Power has offered 12/1 that she will be arrested before the end of 2020.
The FBI announced over the weekend that Clinton should not face criminal charges following a fresh inquiry into the emails. Trump also paid tribute to his beaten opponent during his victory speech for the service she has given to her country, declaring that it was time for everyone to come together.
- Paddy Power market: Hillary Clinton to be arrested before the end of 2020 - odds 12/1
Could a Wall be Built Along the Mexican Border?
Among a host of extraordinary comments, perhaps the most outrageous Trump pledge came much earlier in his campaign when he promised to make Mexico pay for a wall to be built along the two countries’ border in a bid to combat immigration into the States. This is one policy that Trump seems committed to, and Paddy Power’s odds suggest they think there is a chance that a barrier could be put in place by 2020.
- Paddy Power market: Trump to build a wall covering the entirety of the US-Mexican border before the end of 2020 - odds 4/1
Impeachment? Mission to Mars? The Gold House?
As soon as Trump’s victory had been announced, some commentators started to discuss the possibility of whether any factors might lead to him being removed from office, and Paddy Power punters can place bets at 10/1 if they think he will be successfully impeached before the end of 2020. Among the other Paddy Power specials, punters can bet on commercial flights visiting Mars and Trump turning the White House gold.
- Paddy Power market: Trump to be successfully impeached before the end of 2020 - odds 10/1
- Paddy Power market: the first commercial flight to Mars to take place during Trump’s presidency - odds 40/1
- Paddy Power market: Trump to turn the White House gold - odds 66/1
Will Trump Win Again in 2020?
The US public may have only just gone to the polls, but betting is already available for who might win the next election in 2020. As the newly-installed man and therefore the most likely to run again in four years, Trump is the clear favourite. The bookies feel there is a chance there could be a rematch with Clinton, while Democrat Elizabeth Warren and Trump’s vice-president elect Mike Pence are also among the frontrunners.
- William Hill market: 2020 Presidential Election Winner - Donald Trump 3/1, Elizabeth Warren 8/1, Hillary Clinton 8/1, Mike Pence 10/1
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.