How the Bookies See it:
- Drivers Championship Winner: Sebastien Buemi, 3/10, Lucas Di Grassi 15/2, Jean-Eric Vergne 8/1, Nicolas Prost 10/1 - Sky Bet
- Defending Formula E Champion Sebastien Buemi has been involved in two close title races in the past couple of years. He seems to be intent on avoiding a nail-biting final race of the season this time around, having won both the races held so far, in Hong Kong and Marrakesh, to lead the standings by an impressive 22 points. Buemi hasn’t had it easy though, overcoming an overheating battery in Hong Kong and a five-place grid penalty in Marrakesh. He’ll be chasing a hat trick of wins to further extend his lead at the top.
- Lucas Di Grassi could well have won the title last season but for crashing in the final race in London. He’s made a steady start to the new season, with a second-place finish in Hong Kong and a fifth in Marrakesh. He’ll be looking for a better time in this week’s qualifying, having finished 19th and 12th in the first two races.
- Nicolas Prost is in the other Renault e.dams and had a great end to last season, winning the last two races. It’s not been so easy this season, with two fourth-place finishes to his name. He’s not really got close to Buemi and will need a better start than he had in Hong Kong if he’s to close the 26-point gap between himself and Buemi.
Sebastien Buemi has already won eight Formula E races, double that of any other driver. Despite encountering several problems this season, he’s won both races and has already opened up a commanding lead. What will he be capable of when he finally gets to enjoy a race when everything goes smoothly for him? Lucas Di Grassi hasn’t set the world alight so far this season, particularly in qualifying. He finished 2.477 seconds behind Buemi in Hong Kong, not bad considering he started in 19th. Get that qualifying sorted out and he could well push Buemi hard in Buenos Aires from higher up the grid.
Nicolas Prost should be there or thereabouts but hasn’t managed to get anywhere near Buemi this year. Jean-Eric Vergne hasn’t had a great start to the season, having to retire in Hong Kong after both cars failed him. He showed improvement in Marrakesh, with an 8th placed finish, which could have been better but for a drive-through penalty after speeding in the pit lane. He’s capable of getting a top four finish this weekend.
Nelson Piquet Jr was on pole in the season opener but could only finish 11th after hitting a barrier. An electrical fault saw him finish 16th in Marrakesh but he could do better in Argentina.
Buemi is the guy in form and this looks a perfect opportunity for him to get a third straight win of the season, especially if everything was to run smoothly this weekend. If betting each/way a stake on Vergne could be a winner with a more lucrative return.
- Sports.net's Top Tip: Jean-Eric Vergne to win