How the Bookies See it:
- Winner: India 1/2,England 13/8 - Bet365
- Top England Batsman: Joe Root 5/2, Jason Roy 7/2, Alex Hales 4/1 - Sky Bet
- Top India Batsman: Virat Kohli 9/4, Lokesh Rahul 7/2, Ajinkya Rahane 9/2 - Coral
- Top England Bowler: Adil Rashid 10/3, Chris Woakes 7/2, David Willey 7/2 - William Hill
- Top India Bowler: Ravichandran Ashwin 10/3, Jasprit Bumrah 7/2, Ravindra Jadeja 7/2 - Ladbrokes
- India chased down a target of 351 with 11 balls to spare in the first ODI, before posting a colossal 381-6 in Cuttack to win the second match by 15 runs. Virat Kohli, Kedar Jadhav, Yuvraj Singh and MS Dhoni have all scored centuries, while Ravindra Jadeja has been the standout bowler in the series with an economy rate of under 5.
- Eoin Morgan scored a blistering 102 in a losing cause in Cuttack, while the rest of England’s batting order has performed admirably despite the two losses. Chris Woakes and David Willey have also bowled well with the new ball, but England have struggled to take wickets and keep the runs down after the first few overs of both India’s innings.
England have squandered glorious opportunities in both matches so far, having reduced India to 63-4 in Pune and then 25-3 in Cuttack. If the hosts get off to a stronger start in Kolkata, then they could make an even more formidable score. India could decide to make a couple of changes with the series in the bag, and Ajinkya Rahane stands out as a decent option at 9/2 with Coral in the top batsman market if he gets the chance to play at the top of the order.
England may also decide to shuffle their side to give a couple of fringe players a run-out, but one player they will be reluctant to leave out is Chris Woakes. The Warwickshire seamer has provided at least some penetration with the ball in the early stages and is also used in the death overs when batsmen are taking more risks, so his odds of 7/2 to be England’s top bowler look good value.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Chris Woakes to be England’s top bowler - 7/2 at William Hill
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.