How the Bookies See it
- Winner: Arsenal 2/9, Draw 5/1, Burnley 12/1 - Sky Bet
- First Goalscorer: Alexis Sanchez 3/1, Olivier Giroud 3/1, Danny Welbeck 7/2 - Betfred
- Correct Score: Arsenal 2-0 6/1, Arsenal 3-0 7/1, Arsenal 8/1 - BetVictor
- Arsenal cruised to a 4-0 victory over Swansea City last weekend to climb back into fourth place. They have won three of their past four matches - with the only blemish an extraordinary 3-3 draw against Bournemouth - but still trail table-toppers Chelsea by eight points.
- Burnley have also won three of their past four league games, after Joey Barton’s late goal gave them a hard-fought 1-0 win over Southampton last time out. However, all three of those wins have come at Turf Moor and Burnley’s record on the road remains woeful. They have claimed just one point from nine away games this season, and scored only three goals.
- Arsenal overcame Burnley 1-0 at Turf Moor earlier this season, when Laurent Koscielny snatched an away win with the last act of the game. Burnley have yet to beat Arsenal in five Premier League fixtures between the teams.
Burnley have been so impressive at home this term that the extent of their poor away form is hard to comprehend, but it is difficult to imagine that any upturn in fortunes will start at the Emirates Stadium. Arsenal are in decent form and competition for places is driving up performance levels, so the bookies are being understandably cautious with their price of 2/9 on a home win.
Punters looking for better value might be tempted to back Arsenal to win by two goals at 3/1 with Sky Bet, or by three or more at 11/8. Another good option could be the goalscorer markets; Olivier Giroud has found the target in five straight games across all competitions, and is 4/5 with Ladbrokes for a Score/Win double. For even better odds, he is 3/1 with Betfred to be the first goalscorer.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Olivier Giroud to be first goalscorer - 3/1 at Betfred
Please note, odds may fluctuate.