How the Bookies See It:
- Winner: Everton 7/10, Draw 11/4, Crystal Palace 15/4 – Bet365
- Both Teams to Score: Yes 4/6, No 11/10 – Paddy Power
- Goals Under/Over 2.5: Under 1/1, Over 8/11 – Sky Bet
- Everton are currently in fifth place in the premier League table, having won four, drawn one and lost one of their six league matches. They lost 1-0 when visiting Bournemouth last Saturday, and they lost their English Football League Cup match against Norwich a few days earlier, but prior to that they had been enjoying a very good run of Premier League successes, beating Middlesbrough and Sunderland by 3-1 and 3-0, respectively. The Toffees have scored 10 league goals this season, and conceded just 4, and are currently on 13 points. Only Man City, Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool have fared better.
- Crystal Palace are seventh in the league table, and have earned themselves just three points less than Everton. Their six league matches this season have resulted in three wins, one draw and two losses, but all three of their wins came from their last three league matches, so the team is currently in rather good form. Crystal Palace lost their English Football League Cup match against Southampton on 21st September, but that has been the only loss this month. Like Everton, Crystal Palace have scored 10 league goals this season, but they have conceded 7.
Looking at the current season standings as a whole, Everton should be a confident pick to win this match. Their EFL Cup loss to Norwich can be viewed as something of an isolated incident, and that would leave their loss to Bournemouth last Saturday as the only blot on an otherwise impressive landscape of decent form. At the time of writing, Everton are currently tying on points with Arsenal and Liverpool, so the team has a great chance of climbing even further up the table by beating the visitors this Friday.
Of course, Crystal Palace have really started hitting their stride in recent games, and their success in their last three Premiership matches will have boosted their confidence quite significantly. A win at Goodison Park would put them on an equal pegging with Everton as far as points are concerned, but they need to tighten their defence if they are to close the gap on goal difference.
With all of that said, we don’t think that this match will be a walkover for Everton, but we do expect them to emerge as the victors. Our prediction would be a 2-1 victory for the home side, but rather than take a risk on the correct score, we will take the simpler and safer option of backing Everton to win.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Everton to win – 7/10 with Bet365
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.