How the Bookies See It:
- Winner: Tottenham 1/3, Draw 4/1, Sunderland 9/1 – Paddy Power
- Half Time/Full Time: Tottenham/Tottenham 10/11, Draw/Tottenham 11/4, Draw/Draw 7/1 – Bet365
- Goals Under/Over 2.5: Under 11/10, Over 4/6 – SkyBet
- Sunderland’s dismal start to the season showed no sign of changing when the team lost by three goals to nil in their match against Everton on Monday. The Black Cats have now played four games, and have lost three of them, with just one draw achieved against Southampton at the end of August. As far as goals are concerned, Sunderland have scored three and conceded eight.
- Tottenham may have found the Champions League a tad tricky of late, but they have performed well enough in the Premier League to occupy fifth position in the table. Their most recent Premier League match was an away game against Stoke, who they trounced by four goals to nil. Tottenham have scored seven games from their four Premiership matches thus far, and have conceded just two.
This match has all the markings of a walkover – so much so that the short price currently being offered by bookies could feasibly turn out to be quite generous. Having obliterated Stoke – who are currently at the very bottom of the table and have only a slightly worse goal difference than Sunderland – by four goals to nil whilst playing away from home, it seems very reasonable to expect the team to achieve a similarly convincing win this Sunday.
Sunderland will be keen to win their first match of the season, of course, and David Moyes will be reminding his team how important it is that they do so. Unfortunately for Sunderland, desire doesn’t always translate to success by any means, and the team are far more likely to experience their fourth defeat of the season.
The big question for us, therefore, is not who we think will win, but which bet is likely to be most reliable whilst still being usefully profitable. The Half Time/Full Time bet, with Spurs to be winning at the end of both halves, is tempting, but our preference is for there being more than 2.5 goals, at slightly shorter odds.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Over 2.5 Goals – 4/6 with SkyBet
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.