How the Bookies See it
- Winner: Chelsea 2/5, Draw 18/5, Burnley 8/1 - William Hill
- First Goalscorer: Diego Costa (CHE) 13/5, Eden Hazard (CHE) 5/1, Pedro (CHE) 11/2 - Bet365
- Correct Score: Chelsea 1-0, 6/1, Chelsea 2-0 13/2, Chelsea 2-1 8/1 - BetVictor
- Burnley have picked up 28 of their 29 points at Turf Moor, an impressive record that could see the Lancashire club survive in the Premier League at the third time of asking, following failed attempts in 2009/10 and 2014/15. Even in defeat, Sean Dyche’s men have given a good account of themselves, limiting both Arsenal and Manchester City to wins by a single goal. In recent games, the Clarets were unlucky to leave the Emirates and Vicarage Road empty handed, however, victories over Southampton and Leicester City have kept spirits high in the former mill town.
- Chelsea have been in near-unstoppable form this season, racking up 19 wins in 24 games. Following defeat to Arsenal in September, the Blues have picked up maximum points in all but two of their league outings, a record that, should it continue, will see the men from Stamford Bridge crowned champions come May. Defeat to Tottenham and a draw with Liverpool have been the only marks on an otherwise flawless record, while last week’s victory over Arsenal even saw Irish bookmaker BoyleSports pay out early on a Chelsea title win.
Chelsea will head to Turf Moor full of confidence after last week’s emphatic victory over Arsenal and should have enough in the tank to overcome Burnley, but don’t expect this game to be a walk in the park. The visitors may have netted 51 goals this term, but only 18 of those have come away from the Bridge. Couple that with a Clarets defence that has conceded just 11 times in front of their own fans and it could be a long afternoon for Diego Costa and company. Odds of 17/2 with Bet365 on a 2-1 Chelsea win certainly seem inviting, while Coral’s offering of 19/20 on the game containing between 0 and 2 goals could be worth a look.
Burnley enter this match as the underdogs, but this is a team with a nasty bite. Ten of the 13 clubs to have visited Turf Moor this season have left without maximum points, while others have been given a real scare. Expect the home side to put up a fight, with strikers Andre Grey and Sam Vokes providing the main threat to Thibaut Courtois’ goal. Grey is a 7/2 shot to score anytime, while a Vokes goal in an unlikely Burnley victory is priced at 12/1 with William Hill. Don’t count on the Clarets breaching the Chelsea backline more than once, though, as they have only averaged 1.08 goals a game this season.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Chelsea to win 2-1 - 17/2 at Bet365
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.