How the Bookies See it
- Winner: Man City 7/5, Tottenham Hotspur 5/2, Draw 21/10 - Bet365
- First Goalscorer: Sergio Aguero 4/1, Kelechi Iheanacho 6/1, Son Heung-Min - 13/2 - Paddy Power
- Correct Score: Draw 1-1 13/2, Man City 2-1 17/2, Man City 1-0 19/2 - BetVictor
- Tottenham Hotspur have made an impressive start to the season and have only dropped points against the two Merseyside clubs. The North London side have looked defensively solid, conceding just three goals in their six games so far. A lackluster display against Monaco in the Champions League is the only blemish on what is otherwise an encouraging start to the season for Mauricio Pochettino's men.
- Manchester City may have lost their 100 percent win rate under Pep Guardiola in Wednesday night’s 3-3 draw with Champions League opponents Celtic, but the Citizens still have a perfect record in the Premier League. The side who currently sit four points clear at the top of the division have swept aside all six of their challengers this term, scoring 18 goals in the process.
Tottenham Hotspur have made their best start to a league campaign in 51 years and are showing the same form that allowed them to run Leicester City so close in last season’s title race. However, the team who currently lie second in the league will face a side who have really hurt them in the past few years. A rare double over City last season did little to mask a run of eight defeats in eleven games that have seen the White Hart Lane side ship 30 goals and score just 15. It’s clear to see that games between these two teams usually produce goals, so a bet on the winning margin could be worth a flutter. A home win by two goals is a favourable 7/1, while a win by three goals is an even more generous 20/1, both with Bet365.
The London side will be without last season’s leading scorer Harry Kane for some time, so the focus shifts to the other options at Mauricio Pochettino's disposal. Son Heung-Min has been on fire in front of goal, despite Tottenham’s best efforts to offload him during the Summer. The South Korean is 15/2 with Boylesports to score first and 9/4 to hit the target at any time. Another player bettors may turn to is Christian Eriksen, with the Dane so deadly from set-pieces. The former Ajax man is 3/1 with Sky Bet to score anytime, while his team are 8/1 to score a penalty during the match, a responsibility that could fall to the 24-year-old.
Manchester City have been in fine form under the tutelage of Pep Guardiola, who seems to be getting the very best out of a side that flopped under previous manager Manuel Pellegrini. The Spaniard’s influence on young players like Raheem Sterling has seen City fly out of the starting blocks and emerge as early favourites to claim their first title since 2014. The league leaders suffered a stumble away to Celtic in midweek, dropping points for the first time under their new boss, so it will be interesting to see how the side react to this setback. City are 13/10 with Bet365 to secure the win, but a more generous price is being offered by Bet 365 on a 3-1 win for the away team.
Fantasy football favourite Sergio Aguero has started his quest for a second Golden Boot in style, netting five times in four games to sit second on the Premier League Top Scorers chart. The 28-year-old is 4/1 with Paddy Power to break the deadlock, while a goal at anytime in a City win is 9/4 with William Hill, and for those feeling particularly lucky, a hat-trick for the Argentine striker is 25/1. Another player to watch is Aguero’s strike partner, Kelechi Iheanacho. The 19-year-old has been a regular in the City side since Guardiola’s arrival and has repaid the faith shown in him with a number of high quality performances. A goal at anytime in this game for the young Nigerian is priced at 5/4 with Coral, while a 1-0 City win with the striker grabbing the only goal is a very handsome 33/1 with William Hill.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Manchester City to win 3-1 - 18/1 with Bet365
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.