How the Bookies See it
- Winner: Tottenham 7/4, Chelsea 9/5, Draw 23/10 - Bet365
- First Goalscorer: Diego Costa (CHE) 7/2, Harry Kane (TOT) 5/1, Eden Hazard (CHE) 6/1 - SkyBet
- Correct Score: Draw 1-1 6/1, Tottenham 1-0 9/1, Chelsea 1-0 9/1 - BetVictor
- Tottenham Hotspur have won their last four matches, scoring 13 goals and conceding just three. Mauricio Pochettino's men have been a formidable force throughout the season, losing only twice and conceding just 14 goals, the second lowest total in the league behind Chelsea.
- Chelsea have been in impressive form since a number of early season wobbles, a run that has seen the Blues establish themselves as the team to beat in the race for the title. The festive period saw the Stamford Bridge club collect maximum points, netting seven goals in the process, even with a number of first team regulars missing through suspension.
Tottenham’s record against Chelsea makes for grim reading, with the North London side picking up just one win in their last 13 encounters with the Blues. Last season saw the home side hold their visitors to a 0-0 draw, a result that could well be repeated when the two teams meet on Wednesday, particularly given both sides’ seemingly watertight defences. Mauricio Pochettino has established a world-class back line with Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen, Kyle Walker and Danny Rose providing Hugo Lloris with exceptional cover. Tottenham are 12/5 with Bet365 to keep the likes of Diego Costa and Eden Hazard at bay and prevent Chelsea from scoring, while a win to nil for the home side looks tempting at 4/1 with Boylesports.
Chelsea were forced to work hard for their win against Spurs earlier in the season and don’t expect this game to be any different. The visitors look well priced to win by a single goal (7/2 with Sky Bet), while a narrow 1-0 could be worth a flutter at 9/1 with Bet365. Should Chelsea manage to break down the stubborn Tottenham defence, expect Costa to be amongst the goals, while a third Willian strike in the space of two matches could also be worth a look; the Brazilian is 3/1 with Bet365 to score anytime.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Chelsea to win 1-0 - 9/1 at Bet365
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.