How the Bookies See it:
- Leeds v St Helens: Leeds 8/11, St Helens 11/10, Draw 25/1 - Betfred
- Castleford v Hull: Castleford 2/5, Hull 7/4, Draw 25/1 - Betfred
- Catalans v Leigh: Catalans 1/5, Leigh 10/3, Draw 33/1 - BetVictor
- Leeds Rhinos have struggled for consistency in recent weeks, losing three of their last six Super League matches. They competed well against league leaders Castleford last week, but lacked their usual attacking thrust as they went down 23-12. St Helens are a couple of placed below Leeds in sixth after a similarly up-and-down spell, although they bounced back from a 24-16 loss to Huddersfield Giants with a narrow 25-24 win over Salford Red Devils.
- Castleford Tigers’ victory over Leeds moved them seven points clear at the Super League summit, with Zak Hardaker’s stunning solo try the highlight of another dazzling display. Hull FC remain the nearest challengers following their 40-18 victory over Wakefield Trinity, while they also knocked Cas out of the Challenge Cup earlier this month with an exciting 32-24 triumph.
- Steve McNamara’s first game as Catalans Dragons head coach ended in a 24-16 defeat away to Warrington Wolves, extending a miserable run of results for the French side which has also featured heavy losses against Huddersfield Giants and Widnes Vikings. However, it is Leigh Centurions who continue to prop up the table following their 36-10 loss to the Vikings, which was a bitter pill to swallow after the impressive 50-34 victory over Wigan Warriors a week earlier.
Hull FC will be confident of claiming a second victory over Castleford in the space of a couple of weeks, following their recent thriller in the Challenge Cup. However, Cas were well below their best in that game and are understandably firm favourites for the rematch after getting their campaign firmly back on track against Leeds. The Tigers look destined to win the League Leaders’ Shield and, with home advantage, look well worth a flutter at 5/6 in the Half Time/ Full Time market.
St Helens could be the team to back against Leeds in a clash of two mid-table sides. The Rhinos’ level of performance has veered from one extreme to another all season, whereas St Helens have steadily started to pick up following a slow start. Odds of 13/10 are available on the Saints at Bet365. In the match between Catalans and Leigh, it is hard to look past the home side, who will have had another week to get used to working under ex-England boss Steve McNamara. If you fancied combining all three results, you could land a great return on Castleford, St Helens and Catalans to all win.
- Sports.net’s top tip: A treble on St Helens, Castleford and Catalans - 2.94/1 at Sky Bet
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.