How the Bookies See it:
- Match Winner: Spain 19/20, Draw 5/2, Germany 13/5 - William Hill
- First Goalscorer: Sandro Ramirez 9/2, Borja Mayoral 5/1, Inaki Williams 13/2 - BetVictor
- Correct Score: Draw 1-1 13/2, Spain 1-0 7/1, Spain 2-1 15/2 - William Hill
- Germany have advanced to the final without looking fully convincing. They started well enough, with a 2-0 victory over Czech Republic and 3-0 win against Denmark, but a 1-0 loss to Italy left them second in their group. Germany then played out an exhilarating 2-2 draw with England in the first of Tuesday’s semi-finals, booking their place in the final thanks to a penalty shootout.
- Spain have been far more impressive than Germany. They thrashed Macedonia 5-0, swept past Iberian rivals Portugal 3-1 and defeated Serbia 1-0 on their way to winning Group B, before beating Italy 3-1 in the semi-finals. Saul Niguez hit a hat-trick against the Azzurri, taking him clear as the tournament’s top scorer with five goals.
The trick to winning tournaments is to peak at the right time, and just because Germany have not been at their best so far does not mean they can be discounted. They may have scraped past England on penalties in the semi-finals but they were dominant for long periods and have a cohesive team with no obvious weaknesses. If they can maintain their defensive discipline, Sky Bet’s odds of 16/5 on a German victory could be well worth exploring as finals are traditionally tight affairs because there is so much at stake.
However, Spain have been in such sparkling form that it is hard to make a case against them. The likes of Sandro Ramirez, Gerard Deulofeu and Saul Niguez provide the star power but they have also shown their fighting spirit and will be up for the challenge of facing Germany. The outright odds on Spain to win may not be the most tempting, but Saul can be backed at 9/2 with William Hill for a score/win double, while a price of 2/1 on Spain/Spain in the Half Time/Full Time market also looks inviting. Germany were caught out by England’s pace a couple of times in the semi-final and Spain have shown a far greater cutting edge with 12 goals in four matches.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Spain/Spain - Half Time/Full Time - 2/1 at William Hill
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.