How the Bookies See It
- Odds will appear here when the markets open.
- Manchester City are looking forward to their first appearance in a Women’s FA Cup Final, and there is no doubt that they have earned their place here. They beat Reading by 1-0 on Saturday 18 March to get to the quarter-final stage, where they achieved a 2-1 win over Bristol City on Sunday 26 March. Another 1-0 victory over Liverpool on Monday 17 April saw them reach the final, and the team have scored four goals in three FA Cup matches, for an average of 1.33 goals per match.
- Birmingham City Ladies have reached an FA Cup Final once before, in 2012, when they beat Chelsea 3-2 on penalties. They started their 2017 campaign with a 2-0 victory over West Bromwich Albion on Sunday 19 March, and then followed up with a 1-0 win over Arsenal on Sunday 26 March. They were drawing 1-1 against Chelsea after extra time in their semi-final match on Monday 17 April, but went on to win the game on penalties (4-2). Not including the penalties, that also gives the team four goals from three games, for an average of 1.33 goals per match.
- Interestingly, both finalists will face each other less than ten days after holding each other to a 1-1 draw in a Super League 1 game on Wednesday 3 May.
The goal stats pertaining to this year’s FA Cup games suggest that Manchester City and Birmingham City are evenly matched, and their recent Super League 1 match against each other, which ended as a draw, demonstrates that in rather concrete terms. Whilst this will be the first FA Cup Final that Manchester City have been involved in, it will be also the first Wembley final for both teams, so we don’t think that Birmingham City will have any real advantage there.
With the form suggesting that the two teams could well be drawing at 90 minutes, we will bet on both teams scoring, and watch with interest.
- Sports.net’s Top Tip: Both teams to score