How the Bookies See it
- Top Goalscorer: Gareth Bale 1/33, Aaron Ramsey 33/1, Hal Robson Kanu 66/1 – Paddy Power
- Wales to reach the Quarter Finals: 4/9 – SkyBet
- Stage of Elimination: Quarter Final 5/4, Last 16 13/8, Semi Final 4/1 – Bet Victor
- Goals Conceded: 5-6 Goals 5/6, 3-4 Goals 9/4, 7+ Goals 7/2 - SkyBet
- Wales got their first ever European Championship off to a fantastic start on Saturday 11th June by beating Slovakia 2-1.
- The team then faced England on Thursday 16th June and performed well, leading by 1-0 at half-time thanks to a goal from a 30-yard Gareth Bale free kick. England secured the equaliser in the 56th minute, and everything looked set for a 1-1 draw until Daniel Sturridge sealed a victory for England with a goal during injury time.
- Wales bounced back from that last-minute defeat by beating Russia 3-0 on Monday 20th June.
Although Wales aren’t the best team in this competition, they certainly aren’t the worst by any means, as their ability to emerge from the Group stage at the top of Group B testifies. That success will have reinforced the self-belief of the players that they can go even further.
Northern Ireland, who Wales will face on Saturday, finished Group C in third place after losing 1-0 to both Poland and Germany, and beating Ukraine 2-0. That latter score might look reasonable enough, but Ukraine failed to score a single goal in the Group stage, so it flatters Northern Ireland somewhat, and shouldn’t give Welsh fans anything to be too concerned about.
Gareth Bale has scored in each of the three games that Wales has played thus far in the competition, and is all-but nailed on to be the top goal scorer for the team.
- Sport’s.net Top Tip: Wales to reach the Quarter Finals – 4/9 at SkyBet.
*Please note, odds may fluctuate as the match approaches.