How the Bookies See it:
- Winner: Brighton 7/10, Draw 11/4, Lincoln City 4/1 - Betfred
- First Goalscorer: Glenn Murray (BHA) 15/4, Tomer Hemed (BHA) 5/1, Anthony Knockaert (BHA) 13/2 - Bet365
- Correct Score: Draw 1-1 7/1, Brighton 1-0 7/1, Brighton 2-1 8/1 - BetVictor
- Lincoln City will be aiming to complete a hat-trick of giant killings following victories over League One strugglers Oldham Athletic in round two and Championship side Ipswich Town in a third round replay. The Imps, who currently occupy top spot in the National League, are able to boast an impressive home record this season with 13 wins from 18 games, conceding just 14 times in all competitions. However, a recent 3-0 defeat at Barrow could have knocked the team’s confidence ahead of this tie.
- Brighton & Hove Albion safely dispatched of MK Dons in round three and will be eying a place in the fifth round for the first time since 2014. The Seagulls, who have lost only once in all competitions since September, come into this game on the back of vital wins over Sheffield Wednesday and Cardiff City and currently sit top of the Championship, two points clear of nearest rivals Newcastle United.
This season, Lincoln have turned Sincil Bank into a fortress. Only Barrow and fellow fourth round side Sutton United have claimed victory at the home of the Imps. Now, Danny Cowley’s side will be looking to slay a side 72 places above them in the footballing pyramid, but it’s by no means an impossible task. The East Midlands side are 4/1 to see off the Seagulls, while another 1-0 win is handsomely priced at 14/1 with Paddy Power. Likewise, a bet on Draw/Lincoln in the halftime/fulltime market also looks tempting at 19/2 with BetVictor.
Where Ipswich failed, Brighton will hope to succeed. The Seagulls are flying high at the top of the Championship and should be playing Premier League football by this time next season. With that in mind, Chris Hughton's side should have too much for their non-league opposition, a view that is shared by the bookmakers. The club from the Amex are priced at 3/4 with Sky Bet to sweep aside the home team, while a win to nil could be worth a punt at 2/1. This game may prove a step too far for a brave Lincoln side, who could find themselves on the wrong end of a 2-0 (8/1 with BetVictor) or 3-0 (14/1) scoreline.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Brighton to win to nil - 2/1 with Sky Bet
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.