How the Bookies See it:
- Winner: Charlotte Crosby 7/2, Scarlett Moffatt 4/1, Craig Charles 5/1, Louis Smith 7/1 – William Hill
- Gender of Winner: Male 8/11, Female 1/1 – Coral
- Charlotte Crosby is no stranger to reality television shows, having caught the public eye in the MTV series Geordie Shore. She continues to star in that show, but she has also made several other television appearances, winning Celebrity Big Brother in 2013 and taking part in the more recent E4 reality show Celebs Go Dating.
- Scarlett Moffatt is best known as a regular on the Channel 4 show Gogglebox, and also presents the breakfast show on Capital Radio in the North East. She released a book, Scarlett Says, in April this year, and the title became a Sunday Times Number 1 Bestseller, which speaks volumes about her popularity.
- Craig Charles has been a popular British actor, comedian and television presenter for decades. He played the role of Dave Lister in the science fiction situation comedy series Red Dwarf, presented Robot Wars, provided voice-over commentary for imported Japanese game show Takeshi’s Castle and in 2005 became a main character in the long-running soap opera Coronation Street.
- Louis Smith is a British gymnast who has won medals on the pommel horse for Team GB in three successive Olympic Games – a bronze in Beijing 2008, a silver in London 2012 and another silver in Rio 2016. He has also enjoyed the limelight on television, competing and eventually winning Strictly Come Dancing with professional dancer Flavia Cacace in 2012.
- Although the four contestants above are the ones currently heading the markets for the 2016 series of I’m A Celebrity, there are many other celebrities that bookies are taking speculative bets on. Notable names include former UKIP leader Nigel Farage, television presenter Eamonn Holmes, former Countdown star Carol Vorderman and footballer Robbie Savage.
Picking the winner of any reality television show is always a challenge, but trying to do so before the official line-up has been announced makes things even more difficult. However, if you get your bets in early and your chosen celebrity does go on the show, you'll probably get more generous odds from the bookmakers.
On that basis, we think that Craig Charles would have a great chance of winning. Charlotte Crosby and Scarlett Moffatt will undoubtedly be very popular with the viewing public, but whether they would choose to remain in the jungle for the duration of the show is another matter. We think that Craig would relish the environment, and that his down-to-earth personality would prove just as popular, especially with the female section of the audience.
Add to this the fact that more men have won I’m A Celebrity than women (ten men v five women) and Craig Charles would be our top tip for a named winner. However, due to the speculative nature of the markets at this time (and we don’t know if a more likely winner than Charles will be in actual line-up) we will take the much safer option of predicting that the gender of the eventual winner will be male.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Gender of Winner: Male – 8/11 with Coral.
*Please note that odds may fluctuate.