How the Bookies See it
- Match Winner: Italy 5/6, Draw 12/5, Sweden 9/2 - Totesport
- First goalscorer: Graziano Pelle 11/2, Zlatan Ibrahimovic 11/2, no goalscorer 13/2 - William Hill
- Half-Time/Full-Time - Italy/Italy 2/1, Draw/Italy 15/4, Draw/Draw 19/5 - BetVictor
- Italy did not come into the tournament with a huge amount of expectation and were beaten 4-1 by Germany in a friendly back in March, but they sauntered to a 2-0 win against Belgium in their Euro 2016 opener.
- Sweden had to come from behind to draw 1-1 with Republic of Ireland on Monday. They had beaten Wales 3-0 in their most recent friendly before the tournament.
Punters will not be surprised to find that Italy are favourites to get a second straight win, but considering the respective performances of the teams in their opening matches their odds of a victory at 9/10 with BetVictor look very generous. The Azzurri were outstanding defensively against Belgium’s galaxy of stars and possessed more of an attacking threat than might have been expected.
Sweden, on the other hand, created very little in their draw with Ireland and were perhaps fortunate to escape with a point. Ibrahimovic may still have the ability to produce moments of magic but without support it is hard to see how his side can threaten Italy.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Italy to win to nil - 17/10 at 888Sport
Please note, odds may fluctuate in the lead up to the game.