Pick of the Medal Events
Athletics: Men’s 100 Metres (02:25 BST Monday) - The race is Usain Bolt’s to lose, such is the Jamaican’s dominance over this distance. The 29-year-old has said this will be his last Olympics and, although injury hampered the early part of his season, he will want to go out in a blaze of glory. Justin Gatlin of the USA will likely come in second, 12 years after winning the title, with compatriot Trayvon Bromell a good tip for bronze having recorded the second fastest time of 2016.
- Winner Odds: Bolt (JAM) 4/7, Gatlin (USA) 12/5, Bromell (USA) 14/1 - Sky Bet
- Without Bolt and Gatlin Odds: Bromell (USA) 7/4, Blake (JAM) 7/4, De Grasse (CAN) 9/2 - William Hill
Tennis: Men’s Singles (16:00 BST) - Team GB’s Andy Murray snapped up his second Wimbledon title in June and the momentum from that win, added to the early exit of adversary Novak Djokovic from the competition in Rio, means the Scot will be brimming with confidence. Murray’s not had it all his own way so far, but he is still the odds-on favourite to take gold.
- Winner Odds: Murray (GBR) 1/4, del Potro (ARG) 16/5 - Paddy Power
Gymnastics: Men’s Pommel Horse (19:34 BST) - Max Whitlock is tipped for gold in the pommel horse, with fellow Brit Louis Smith hoping to put his mistake on the same apparatus in the team competition behind him and challenge for a medal as well. The bookies have the pair as favourites for the top two positions on the podium, with Frenchman Cyril Tommasone and Harutyun Merdinyan of Armenia battling it out for bronze. Whitlock is also seen as a 14/1 outsider in the floor event earlier in the afternoon.
- Winner Odds: Whitlock (GBR) 2/5, Smith (GBR) 11/4, Tommasone (FRA) 6/1 - Betfred
Cycling: Men’s Sprint (21:04 BST) - Jason Kenny can add to his team sprint title and grab the fifth Olympic gold medal of his career when he takes part in the individual sprint final on Sunday evening. The Bolton lad takes on fellow Brit Callum Skinner, who impressed in the semi final.
- Winner Odds: Kenny (GBR) 2/5, Skinner (GBR) 7/4 - Paddy Power
Golf: Men’s (11:00 BST) - Brit Justin Rose has already claimed the first hole in one in Olympic history, but can he become the first gold medalist in the sport at the games since 1904? The 36-year-old enjoyed a strong start, making his 13/2 at BetVictor seem tempting, but Sweden’s Henrik Stenson and Australia’s Marcus Fraser will provide stiff competition.
- Winner Odds: Stenson (SWE) 21/10, Rose (GBR) 13/2, Fraser (AUS)10/1 - BetVictor
Elsewhere: Bryony Shaw and Nick Dempsey are the Team GB hopes in the women’s and men’s windsurfing.
- Sports.net’s Top Tip - Trayvon Bromell in the 100m winner market without Bolt and Gatlin at 7/4 at William Hill.
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.
**Disclaimer: Neither Sports.net nor the advertisements displayed on this page are affiliated with the Olympic Games in any way.