How the Bookies See It:
- Winner: Everton 4/5, Draw 14/5, West Ham 16/5 – Sky Bet
- Both Teams to Score: Yes 4/7, No 5/4 – Paddy Power
- Goal Bands: 0 – 1 Goals 16/5, 2 – 3 Goals 1/1, 4 + Goals 13/8 – Ladbrokes
- Everton had a good start to the season, but have gone off the boil recently, having drawn two and lost two of their last four Premier League matches. They suffered a 2-1 defeat when visiting Burnley last Saturday 22nd October, and that followed 1-1 draws with Manchester City on Saturday 15th October and Crystal Palace on Friday 30th September. Their early success means that they are still a respectable 6th in the Premier League table, with 15 points from nine matches. Everton have scored 13 goals and conceded eight, giving them an average of 1.44 goals scored per match.
- West Ham are currently in 15th place in the Premier League table, with ten points, having won three, drawn one and lost five of the matches played thus far. However, their last two games ended in victory for the Hammers, with a 1-0 win over Sunderland on Saturday 22nd October and a 1-0 defeat of Crystal Palace on Saturday 15th October. Their most recent match was in the EFL Cup, and saw them achieve a 2-1 victory over Chelsea on Wednesday 26th October. West Ham have scored ten goals and conceded 17 in their Premier League games this season, for an average of 1.11 goals per match.
There are a couple of ways of viewing this match. If we focus on the most recent form then we would have to give West Ham a good chance of surprising the oddsmakers, because Everton haven’t been at their best of late, and the Hammers have been better than at any other point in the season. On the other hand, if we take the season as a whole, Everton are the better team by far, and could get back to winning ways this Sunday by stopping West Ham in their tracks.
In these situations, we always find the goal averages to be fairly useful indicators, and that would suggest a 1-1 draw or a 2-1 win to Everton. We will therefore bet on there being 2 to 3 goals in the Goal Bands market at Ladbrokes – a wager that could technically pay out regardless of the match resulting in a home win, a draw or a ‘shock’ victory for West Ham.
- Sports.net’s top tip: 2 - 3 Goals in the Goal Bands market – 1/1 with Ladbrokes
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.