How the Bookies See It:
- Winner: Southampton 11/10, Draw 23/10, Everton 5/2 – Sky Bet
- Under/Over 2.5 Goals: Under 4/6, Over 11/10 – Paddy Power
- Draw No Bet: Southampton 4/9, Everton 6/4 - Ladbrokes
- Southampton have won three, drawn five and lost four of their Premier League matches this season, but they have to look back to Sunday 16th October for their last win, which was a 3-1 victory over Burnley. They will be coming here on the back of a 1-0 loss to Sparta Prague on Thursday 24th November in the UEFA Europa League, but their latest Premier League match was against Liverpool on Saturday 19th November, and the final score there was 0-0. Southampton have scored 12 league goals and conceded 12 from as many games, giving them an average of 1 goal scored per match.
- Everton have fared slightly better than Southampton overall, having won five, drawn four and lost three matches, but most of their success came at the start of the season. Their last win was against West Ham on Sunday 20th October, when the match ended 2-0, and they followed that with a 5-0 loss to Chelsea on Saturday 5th November and a 1-1 draw with Swansea on Saturday 19th November. Everton have scored 16 goals and conceded 14 from their 12 league games, giving them an average of 1.33 goals per match.
This doesn’t look set to be the most thrilling game of the Premier League season by any means, and if we take the goal stats as our guide we could easily expect it to end as a 1-1 draw. Of course, the pure goal stats don’t make any distinction between early and recent form, and in that respect, it has to be said that Southampton are currently the superior team. For those reasons, we will side with Southampton but we will bet in the Draw No Bet market just in case the match ends in yet another stalemate.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Southampton in the Draw No Bet market – 1/2 with Ladbrokes
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.