How the Bookies See It:
- Winner: Sunderland 27/10, Draw 23/10, Everton 11/10 – Paddy Power
- Goals Over/Under 2.5: Over 1/1, Under 4/5 – Bet365
- Both Teams to Score: Yes 4/5, No 10/11 – Sky Bet
- Sunderland had a tough first match of the season on 13th August, with an away game against Manchester City which they lost 2-1. They lost 2-1 when playing at home against Middlesbrough on 21st August, then drew their last game 1-1 when visiting Southampton on 27th August. They have therefore scored three goals from three games, and conceded five, and currently occupy 16th place in the Premier League table.
- Everton’s first game of the season saw them hold Tottenham at home to a 1-1 draw. They visited West Brom on 20th August and won that game 2-1, then followed up with a 1-0 win over Stoke at home. That has been enough to put them fourth in the table, with four goals scored from their three games and just two goals conceded.
Former Everton manager David Moyes will be hoping that some of the magic he worked with the Toffees will help to transform his new side Sunderland, but with all due respect to the Black Cats, his current task is much more challenging.
In the 2015/16 season, Sunderland beat Everton 3-0 when playing at home, and lost 6-2 when playing the same team away. Sunderland have won two Premier League matches from their last five against Everton at home, drawing twice and losing once. They have fared less well in their last five away Premier League games against Everton, winning twice and losing three times.
Whilst previous meetings between teams can sometimes be useful, current form tends to be more reliable for betting purposes, and the simple fact is that Everton are in pretty good form, whilst Sunderland are less so. We don’t expect there to be a huge number of goals in Monday night’s game, but we do think that both teams should score a goal, and we think that’s a slightly safer bet than calling Everton to edge the win by a narrow margin.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Both Teams to Score – 4/5 with SkyBet
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.