How the Bookies See it:
- Winner: Man City 1/3, Draw 9/2, Hull 17/2 - Coral
- First Goalscorer: Kelechi Iheanacho 10/3, Nolito 19/4, Kevin de Bruyne 19/4 - BetVictor
- Correct Score: Man City 2-0 7/1, Man City 1-0, Man City 2-1 15/2 - William Hill
- Hull City’s recent results have been abysmal, and they are without a win in six games after Saturday’s 1-0 loss to West Ham United left them at the foot of the table. Since winning their first two games of the season, they have collected just six points from 15 matches.
- Man City have got back on track in their past two matches with battling home wins over Watford and Arsenal, having previously lost twice in a row. They are third in the standings at Christmas, just one point behind Liverpool but seven adrift of leaders Chelsea.
Hull City were left to curse their bad luck after losing 1-0 to West Ham, having hit the woodwork three times and had a contentious penalty awarded against them for the decisive goal. They have continued to show a lot of spirit in the face of adversity in recent weeks, but Mike Phelan’s squad is clearly lacking in quality and there is a sense that their fortunes may only start to turn around if they can bring in a few new recruits in January.
Man City are unlikely to be in the mood to show any mercy and, even without the suspended Sergio Aguero, have the firepower to make it a very tough afternoon for the Tigers. They demonstrated both dynamism and panache as they rallied to beat Arsenal 2-1 and, although they have been fragile at the back, Hull have scored fewer goals than anyone else in the league and shouldn’t pose too much of a threat in a match when they are unlikely to have the lion’s share of possession.
Only one team, Swansea, have conceded more goals than Hull, and a one-sided match looks to be on the cards. The best option could therefore be to consider the handicaps market, and a victory for Man City with a deficit of two goals looks worth a flutter at decent odds of 9/4 with Paddy Power.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Man City to win (handicap of -2) - 9/4 at Paddy Power.
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.