How the Bookies See it
- Winner: Man City 17/20, Draw 3/1, Monchengladbach 14/5 - William Hill
- First Goalscorer: Sergio Aguero 3/1, Kelechi Iheanacho 9/2, Nolito 6/1 - Paddy Power
- Correct Score: Draw 1-1 15/2, Man City 2-1 8/1, Man City 1-0 19/2 - BetVictor
- Manchester City returned to winning ways on Saturday with a hard-fought 2-1 victory at Crystal Palace, as Yaya Toure scored twice on his first appearance of the season. City have mixed some sparkling performances with uninspiring displays under Pep Guardiola, but were at their best in the most recent European game when they beat Barcelona 3-1 to consolidate second place in Group C.
- Borussia Monchengladbach are third in the group, three points adrift of Man City, after taking a win and a draw from their two matches against Celtic. They started their European campaign with losses to City and Barcelona, and have had a disappointing domestic season to date. A 2-1 defeat at home to Cologne on Saturday left them 13th in the Bundesliga standings.
- Man City demolished Monchengladbach 4-0 when the teams contested the first group game of the season back in September, with Sergio Aguero netting a hat-trick and Kelechi Iheanacho also on the scoresheet. The match had been scheduled for 24 hours earlier, before being rearranged following a night of heavy rain.
Monchengladbach will be eliminated if they do not win and are sure to be spurred on by a partisan crowd, but the long odds reflect their poor form and only the most loyal fans are likely to be tempted to back the hosts. City may not have always been at their best this season but they have such talent within their squad that Pep Guardiola was able to rest a couple of key players against Palace at the weekend and recall Yaya Toure, who will not be available to face Monchengladbach after being left out of their Champions League squad.
While there may not be much value in simply betting on City to win at an odds-on price, a decent punt could be on the match being level at half-time before the visitors run out victors. Monchengladbach will need to throw caution to the wind at some point and that could leave them exposed at the back, so odds of 17/4 with BetVictor on Draw/Man City are well worth a look in the Half Time/ Full Time betting.
Another attractive option might be to consider the market for the winning margin, as City should be too strong for Monchengladbach in all departments. As the onus will be on the German team to attack, the match is likely to become increasingly open and a win by two goals for City looks inviting at 9/2 with Boylesports.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Man City to win by two goals - 9/2 at Boylesports
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.