How the Bookies See it
- Winner: FC Copenhagen 13/10, Draw 23/10, Leicester 5/2 - Bet365
- First Goalscorer: Federico Santander (FCC) 11/2, Andrija Pavlovic (FCC) 6/1, Andreas Cornelius (FCC) 6/1 - BetVictor
- Correct Score: Draw 1-1 6/1, FC Copenhagen 1-0 13/2, Draw 0-0 6/1 - BetVictor
- FC Copenhagen started life in Group G with a positive 1-1 draw away to 2004 Champions League winners Porto, before slaughtering Club Brugge in a thoroughly convincing 4-0 win. However, the Lions came unstuck when they faced the Foxes, losing 1-0 in a tightly contested game that was only decided by a first-half strike from Leicester’s talismanic midfielder, Riyad Mahrez. On home soil, the reigning kings of Denmark are already on course for a twelfth domestic title as they sit top of the Superliga table, unbeaten in 15 games and six points clear of the chasing pack.
- Leicester City have taken to life in the Champions League like a duck to water, winning all three of their opening fixtures in the tournament. The Foxes, who seem to be focusing their efforts on continental games this season, started their campaign with a 3-0 thrashing of Club Brugge in Belgium, before earning a fantastic three points against Porto. The side from the Midlands made it a fine trio of victories with a 1-0 win over FC Copenhagen in front of a jubilant crowd at the King Power Stadium. In the Premier League, Claudio Ranieri’s side have looked less dominant, taking 12 points from ten games, a run that has left the defending champions hovering in the wilderness of mid-table.
FC Copenhagen have looked mightily impressive this season, losing just one of their opening 25 games. That one stain on that unbeaten record came against their upcoming opponents, Leicester City, in a game that really could have gone either way. Needless to say, the Lions will be out for revenge as they look to restore their pride and are priced at 13/10 with Bet365 to take the three points. A win to nil looks even more inviting at 13/5 with Boylesports, especially given the low scoring nature of the games between the top three sides in Group G so far. Puncturing Leicester’s formidable backline will be no easy task, but in Andreas Cornelius and Federico Santander, Copenhagen have the necessary firepower. Former Cardiff City striker Cornelius is available at 6/1 to break the deadlock, while Paraguayan Santander is well priced at 11/2 to open the scoring.
Leicester City’s European adventure is certainly delighting the fans at the King Power, even if their title defence is leaving a lot to be desired. The Foxes’ focus on the Champions League has already produced a number of outstanding team performances and the travelling supporters will be hoping for another memorable night on the continent. A win for Group G’s top team is unfavoured by the bookmakers, but you should never underestimate Claudio Ranieri’s side, as many Premier League outfits discovered to their peril last season. A win for Leicester is priced at 13/5 with 32Red, while a third straight 1-0 win in the competition is available at 17/2 with BetVictor. Should the Foxes score, Riyad Mahrez could be a decent bet to grab at least one goal; the midfielder is a very tempting 5/1 to score anytime in a Leicester win, while a goal for the Algerian in a 2-0 win is handsomely priced at 35/1 with William Hill.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Riyad Mahrez to score anytime and Leicester win - 5/1 with William Hill
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.