How the Bookies See it
- Winner: Leicester 2/5, Draw 7/2, Club Brugge 7/1 - Bet365
- Correct Score: Leicester 1-0 13/2, Leicester 2-0 13/2, Leicester 2-1 8/1 - BetVictor
- Half Time/ Full Time - Leicester/Leicester 6/5, Draw/Leicester 29/10, Draw/Draw 11/2 - Coral
- Leicester’s form in Europe has been markedly better than their domestic performances. While they went into the international break languishing in the bottom half of the Premier League after making a poor start to their title defence, they have won three of their four Champions League games and are yet to concede a goal.
- Brugge have lost all four of their Champions League matches, scoring just one goal and letting in ten, and need to win their remaining two fixtures just to have any chance of moving into the Europa League. Domestically, they have had a solid rather than spectacular start to the Belgian season and are currently fourth in their league.
- Leicester ran out convincing 3-0 winners in Belgium when the two teams met earlier in the season, with Riyad Mahrez netting a brace and Marc Albrighton also on the scoresheet as the Foxes celebrated the first Champions League match in their history in fine style.
Leicester’s Premier League form from last season may have deserted them, but they have savoured every moment of their maiden Champions League campaign and will be determined to extend it for as long as possible, as even their most loyal fans would admit that it might be a while before they get back into Europe. Leicester now just need to seal qualification for the last 16, but it is also important to try and top the group to increase their chances of a more favourable draw.
Club Brugge have shown little so far to suggest they can avoid defeat at the King Power, and Leicester are understandably odds-on to win the game. Considering Brugge’s poor record in front of goal and Leicester’s run of clean sheets in Europe, a price of 13/10 on Claudio Ranieri’s men winning to nil offers a much more appealing chance of getting a decent return for your stake.
Riyad Mahrez may have looked a shadow of last season’s Player of the Year in the Premier League, but he has relished being in the spotlight of the Champions League and has scored three goals so far in four games. Leicester will once again turn to him for inspiration, and if he is on song then it might be worth a punt on the hosts replicating their 3-0 success from the last time the teams met.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Leicester City to win 3-0 - 9/1 at BetVictor
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.