How the Bookies See it:
- Stipe Miocic v Junior dos Santos Winner: Miocic 4/5, Dos Santos 1 - Paddy Power
- Method of Victory: Miocic by KO, TKO, submission or disqualification 13/10, Dos Santos by KO, TKO, submission or disqualification 13/8, Dos Santos by decision or technical decision - 11/2, Miocic by decision or technical decision 5/1 - Bet365
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk v Jessica Andrade: Jedrzejczyk 4/7, Andrade 11/8 - BetVictor
- American Miocic became heavyweight champion in May 2016 after stopping Fabricio Werdum in the first round, and followed it up with a knockout of Alistair Overeem in his first title defence to take his career record to 16 wins and two losses. One of those defeats, however, came against Dos Santos in December 2014.
- Dos Santos controversially beat Miocic by unanimous decision the last time they squared off against each other, but then lost to Overeem in December 2015. The Brazilian got back on track in his most recent fight with a points victory over Ben Rothwell, and now has 18 wins and four defeats from his 22 career bouts.
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk v Jessica Andrade - Polish fighter Jedrzejczyk is the strawweight champion with a career win-loss record of 27-2. She has successfully defended her belt four times since toppling Carla Esparza to become champion. Andrade has lost five times in 21 fights but has produced impressive performances to beat Angela Hill, Joanne Calderwood and Jessica Penne in her last three outings.
Miocic has the slight edge with bookmakers despite losing to Dos Santos the last time they met, suggesting that the best value for punters could be to back the Brazilian for a repeat success. However, the judges’ decision to award that last fight to Dos Santos was very contentious as he had taken some serious punishment, and a lot will have changed almost two-and-a-half years later. While Miocic is the slightly older man at 34, recent performances suggest he is still at the peak of his powers while Dos Santos could be on the wane.
Both fighters prefer to box and it should be a contest played out predominantly on the feet, giving Dos Santos fans hope, but the power that Miocic has displayed in his last few fights suggests that he is the man more likely to land a knockout blow. The American also has superior skills if the fight descends to the canvas for spells of wrestling, as well as being the more athletic of the two in a longer bout. Miocic will hope to finish it early, though, and having stopped his last two opponents in the first round, another swift knockout looks tempting at 4/1.
In the eagerly-anticipated strawweight fight, Jedrzejczyk is the favourite but odds of around 8/13 with Bet365 are still very appealing for a match-up she really should win. The Polish woman has a far stronger career record and is much lighter on her feet. Andrade is an exciting fighter who certainly has a puncher’s chance, but it is hard to see Jedrzejczyk being beaten.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Stipe Miocic to win in Round 1 - 4/1 at Bet365
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.