How the Bookies See it:
- Match Winner: Barcelona 11/10, Draw 13/5, PSG 5/2 - Betfred
- To Qualify: Barcelona 3/10, PSG 5/2 - Coral
- First Goalscorer: Edinson Cavani 7/2, Lionel Messi 4/1, Luis Suarez 4/1 - Sky Bet
- Both Teams To Score: Yes 8/13, No 13/10 - BetVictor
- PSG had to settle for second place in their group before Christmas after only managing to draw 2-2 with Ludogorets Razgrad in their final match. Having finished 31 points clear at the top of Ligue 1 last season, they have not had things all their own way domestically this term and currently trail Monaco by three points. They have found some form in recent weeks, though, winning five of their last six matches.
- Barcelona comfortably finished top of Group C to qualify for the last 16, and head to France in decent form. They are unbeaten in 10 matches in all competitions and, as well as being just a point behind Real Madrid at the top of La Liga, are through to the final of the Spanish Cup.
PSG have not quite hit the heights this season that they managed last season, but there have been some encouraging signs over the past few weeks. Julian Draxler’s January arrival from Wolfsburg has brought an added dimension to their attacking play and he is available for the Champions League. At odds of 15/2 with Sky Bet, he could even be a good punt for first goalscorer on a night when PSG will be desperate to build an advantage to take over to the Nou Camp for the return leg.
Worryingly for PSG, however, Barcelona have also picked up their level over the winter. They are the top scorers in La Liga with 55 goals in 21 matches, and with Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez in their ranks it will be tough for PSG to keep a clean sheet. Suarez, in particular, has been in blistering form of late, and a score/win double for the Uruguayan at 2/1 looks very appealing. Barca have beaten PSG on the last three occasions they have played them, and the French champions still look too vulnerable to combat the threat of Suarez and co.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Luis Suarez to score and Barcelona to win - 2/1 at Sky Bet
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.