How the Bookies See it
- Winner: France Evens, Draw 2/1, Switzerland 7/2 - William Hill
- First Goalscorer: Olivier Giroud 5/1, Antoine Griezmann 11/2, Dimitri Payet 6/1 - bet365
- Half Time/Full Time: France/France 21/10, Draw/Draw 18/5, Draw/France 17/4 - BetVictor
- France come into to this game on the back of wins against Romania and Albania, but have looked far from convincing in either game. Didier Deschamps’ men have had to rely on a handful of very late goals to maintain their unbeaten start, with Dimitri Payet proving to be their stand out player in both games.
- In their first match, Switzerland made very hard work of an Albanian side that played for over 50 minutes with ten men, while their second game, a 1-1 draw with Romania, showed that this Swiss side may still be stuck in neutral.
Two late goals from Antoine Griezmann and Dimitri Payet presented France with a get out of jail card against Albania and assured the hosts of a place in the Round of 16. The collective national sigh of relief could almost be heard in every corner of the continent when the net bulged and left the plucky Albanians heartbroken. France have relied on stoppage time goals in both of their games and are 15/2 with William Hill to find the net between 76 minutes and full time, while Payet is 6/1 with SkyBet to break the deadlock, keeping up his record of scoring in every game so far.
Switzerland need just a point to be assured of a place in the next round and would love nothing more than taking their neighbours down a peg or two in their own back yard. The men from the Alps were beaten 5-2 by Les Bleus at the last World Cup, a result that the Swiss would certainly be delighted to see reversed at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy. That scoreline is a very tasty 900/1 with 888Sport. This team has lacked a proven striker so far, but big things are expected of Basel forward Breel Embolo and the 19-year old wonderkid is 4/1 with BetVictor to grab a goal at anytime, while Xherdan Shaqiri, a man who can do it on a cold night in Stoke, is 5/1 with Betfred.
- Sports.net’s top tip: - Last Goalscorer - Dimitri Payet 6/1 SkyBet
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run up to kick-off.