How the Bookies See it
- Winner: Spain 8/15, Draw 16/5, Turkey 7/1 - Betfred
- Anytime Goalscorer: Alvaro Morata 7/5, Aduriz 7/5, Pedro 7/4 - bet365
- Correct Score: Spain 1-0 4/1, Spain 2-0 5/1, Draw 1-1 6/1 SkyBet
- Current champions Spain managed to sneak a late win against the Czech Republic thanks to an 87th minute header from Gerard Pique. The three-time winners are unbeaten at the European Championships since a 1-0 defeat to Portugal in June 2004, an incredible run that Vicente del Bosque’s men will be looking to extend.
- Turkey’s defeat to Croatia may not have looked too catastrophic on paper, but the men from the far east of the continent did not live up to their modest pre-tournament billing and were thoroughly outplayed. They will need to rediscover the form that saw them qualify for Euro 2016 in a group ahead of the Netherlands.
Spain are clear favourites for this game and it’s not hard to see why. Victory over the Czech Republic gave the Iberians the perfect start to the competition and many bookmakers see only one outcome in this game, with Paddy Power offering odds of 4/1 for Spain to repeat their 1-0 scoreline against the Turks. La Furia Roja boast an impressive run of clean sheets in this competition, a run that stretches back six matches to 2012 when Antonio Di Natale netted for Italy in a 1-1 draw with the eventual winners. Bet365 have the shut-out specialists priced at 4/5 to keep this run going, but reasonable odds of 10/11 for Turkey to end this sequence.
Turkey were tipped by some as dark horses before the tournament following an impressive run of results that saw them record five victories and one draw in six games before being beaten 2-1 by England in a friendly. Burak Yilmaz is seen as their greatest goal threat and is 5/1 with PaddyPower to score anytime.
Neither side are big on scoring, with Spain still searching for a proven front man to replace David Villa and Turkey missing the firepower of legendary strikers Hakan Sukur and Tuncay Sanli. Spain may be favourites to win, but don’t expect Turkey to receive a basting with 1-0 being the favoured scoreline by many, including Coral at 5/1.
Sports.net’s top tip: - Half Time/Full Time - Draw/Spain 16/5 - PaddyPower
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run up to kick-off.