How the Bookies See it
- Match Winner: Belgium 4/5, Draw 13/5 Sweden 7/2 - Coral
- First Goalscorer: Romelu Lukaku 22/5, Christian Benteke 11/2, Divock Origi 11/2 - BetVictor
- Correct Score: Belgium 1-0 11/2, Draw 1-1 13/2, Belgium 2-0 7/1 - William Hill
- Belgium slumped to a disappointing 2-0 defeat against Italy in their opening match, before bouncing back to convincingly beat Republic of Ireland 3-0 courtesy of a Romelu Lukaku brace and Axel Witsel header.
- Sweden’s solitary goal at Euro 2016 came when Ciaran Clark headed into his own net in the 1-1 draw against Ireland. They were a few minutes away from drawing with Italy in their second match,only for Eder to score a stunning late winner.
Sweden have been dismal in both of their matches so far, whereas Belgium improved dramatically from their first game to the second, so it is not hard to see why they are the 4/5 favourites. Lukaku, who has the unusual ability to look like a world-beater one day and a Sunday League amateur the next, was very much back in the more favourable category against Ireland and the likes of Eden Hazard and Kevin de Bruyne were also more lively.
It is a must-win game for Sweden but so far they have barely turned up and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who claimed before the tournament that he ‘dominates wherever he goes’, faces the prospect of bowing out of perhaps his final major event with a whimper. Sweden will have to go on the attack at some stage and that could easily play into the hands of Belgium, who were devastating on the break against Ireland.
Ibrahimovic could well be worth a punt at 13/5 with 888Sport to score anytime, but otherwise there aren’t too many Swedish players who would get in the Belgium team and Marc Wilmots’ men should have far too much class. Belgium have drifted out to 13/1 with some sportsbooks to win the tournament following their loss to Italy but another positive performance could set them up very nicely for the knockout stages.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Both teams to score and Belgium to win - 17/5 at Coral
*Please note, odds may fluctuate in the run up to the match