How the Bookies See it
- Total Cards: Over 3.5 6/17, Under 4.5 13/16, Over 4.5 10/11 - 888Sport
- Sending Off in 90 Mins: No 1/3, Yes 3/1 - Bet365
- Sending Off: Germany 11/2, France 11/2 - Boylesport
- Germany come into this game having amassed seven yellows and no reds in their five games at Euro 2016. Two cardless group games for the world champions came against Ukraine and Northern Ireland, either side of the team’s three-card haul against neighbours Poland. Two bookings in the Slovakia game followed, before two cautions in the Italy game, one of which has ruled defender Mats Hummels out of this heavyweight semi-final clash.
- Seven yellows and no reds in five games sees the France sit eleventh in the tournament’s fair play table, level on points with their semi-final counterparts. Les Bleus have picked up no more than two bookings per game so far, with their last outing against Iceland landing the French just a solitary caution. Leicester City’s N’Golo Kante and Sevilla’s Adil Rami are both available for selection after missing the quarter final through suspension following bookings in the group stage and last 16.
In a tournament of few cards, the wise move would be to aim low, with 888Sport offering odds of 2/1 for there to be less than 3.5 cards in 90 minutes. Germany’s three bookings against Poland are the largest amount of cautions amassed by either team, while France’s temperament has been equally as placid throughout a tranquil tournament.
With only two dismissals during the competition, both coming in the opening round of matches (Lorik Cana v Switzerland and Aleksander Dragovic v Hungary), don’t expect referee Nicola Rizzoli to brandish his red during the match - odds of that are 1/5 with William Hill. However, should tempers begin to rise during the game, be sure that the Italian won’t stand for any nonsense. With a place in the final at stake, it would only take a rash, mistimed challenge to alter the whole match.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Sending off for either side in 90 minutes 3/1 - Bet365
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run up to kick-off.