How the Bookies See it
- Winner: Arsenal 21/20, Draw 12/5, Everton 13/5 - Sky Bet
- Correct Score: Draw 1-1 13/2, Arsenal 2-1 17/2, Arsenal 1-0 17/2 - BetVictor
- Half Time/Full Time: Arsenal/Arsenal 23/10, Draw/Arsenal 4/1, Draw/Draw 9/2 - Coral
- Everton’s form of late has dipped after a positive start to the season that saw the Toffees pick up 13 points from their first five games. However, following defeat to Norwich in the EFL Cup, Ronald Koeman’s men have struggled to recapture the form that had the Goodison Park faithful dreaming of an unlikely title challenge. A heavy 5-0 defeat to Chelsea and a disappointing draw with Swansea in November showed that this group of players need to work a lot harder if they are to improve on last season’s 11th place finish.
- Arsenal are riding high in the Premier League following a less than convincing start. The Gunners find themselves firmly cemented in the top four, but question marks remain over whether this team can mount a serious title challenge. Progression in the Champions League as top dogs in Group A will certainly have left the squad with a spring in their step as they go in search of another win this midweek.
Everton’s record against Arsenal in the Premier League makes for grim reading, with the Toffees scraping together just six wins in 48 meetings with the Gunners. Arsene Wenger’s men certainly do seem to be the Goodison Park side’s bogey team and the bookmakers don’t see this appalling record changing anytime soon, installing the visitors as firm favourites. However, for those who feel Everton’s luck must change sometime soon, a home win is available at 29/10 with BetVictor. A score draw does look the most tempting though, fetching odds of 15/4.
Arsenal fans will be hoping that their side can add to the misery of their hosts when they arrive on Merseyside. The North London club are unbeaten on the road in all competitions since March and will be optimistic of snatching another three points against a side with just one home win in well over two months. Victory for the away side is available at 21/20 with Sky Bet, but a win to nil certainly does offer better odds at 14/5 with BetVictor. Arsenal fans have been treated to big wins at Goodison Park in previous years, so a bet on the visitors to net more that 2.5 goals in this game could be worth a flutter at 3/1 with William Hill.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Arsenal to win to nil - 14/5 with BetVictor
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.