How the Bookies See it
- Winner: Germany 1/3, Draw 9/2, Northern Ireland 10/1- Bet365
- Half Time/Full Time: Germany/Germany Evens, Draw/Germany 27/10, Draw/Draw 11/2 - Coral
- Both Teams to Score: No 8/15, Yes 11/8 PaddyPower
- World champions Germany have looked unconvincing in their first two games in France, with a less than comfortable 2-0 win over Ukraine and a goalless affair with neighbours Poland providing very little to write home about. Nevertheless, they sit top of the group and in need of just a point to progress.
- After a poor showing against Poland, resulting in a flattering 1-0 defeat, Northern Ireland grabbed their first win of the tournament against a hapless Ukraine. The Green and White Army need a win and hope that Poland slip up to be guaranteed a place in the last 16.
The majority of games at this summer’s tournament have been tight affairs, with few goals separating the teams, but this could be the game that changes all that. Germany will be looking to return to scoring ways following their stalemate with Poland and could look to reassert their dominance with a big win. Bet365 have the three time Euro winners priced at 33/1 to wallop the their opponents 5-0. However, the Germans do seem to be lacking a certain amount of firepower up front and Thomas Muller is yet to find the net at any European Championships so far in his career. William Hill are offering odds of 11/10 that the Bayern Munich frontman will break his duck and Germany will win.
Northern Irish fans were overjoyed when Gareth McAuley and Niall McGinn gave their side a 2-0 win over Ukraine. This was the nation’s first win at a major international tournament since 1982, when a Gerry Armstrong goal secured a 1-0 win over hosts Spain. The Green and White Army will need to be at their defensive best to stop a German onslaught, with Ladbrokes offering odds of 11/1 on a goalless draw. There was a lot of fuss surrounding Will Grigg before the tournament, but the Wigan man is yet to feature this summer. Nevertheless, William Hill are offering odds of 15/2 on the red hot attacker blazing in the first or last goal of the game.
- Sports.net’s top tip: - Germany to win 3-0 and Thomas Muller to score first 28/1 - William Hill
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run up to kick-off.