How the Bookies See it
- 888Sport New Customer Offer: Man City to win 7/1, Arsenal to win 11/1
- Winner: Man City 6/5, Arsenal 12/5, Draw 13/5 - Betfred
- First Goalscorer: Kelechi Iheanacho (MCI) 5/1, Alexis Sanchez (ARS) 11/2, Olivier Giroud (ARS) 6/1 - Boylesports
- Correct Score: Draw 1-1 6/1, Man City 2-1 17/2, Man City 1-0 10/1 - Bet365
- Manchester City returned to winning ways on Wednesday with a hard-fought 2-0 victory over Watford, keeping them fourth in the Premier League table. They had previously lost back-to-back league matches against Leicester City and Chelsea, conceding seven goals in the process.
- Arsenal’s 14-match unbeaten league run came to an end in midweek when they went down 2-1 to Everton, despite taking the lead through Alexis Sanchez’s 12th goal of the season. The Gunners dropped to third, as Liverpool won the following night.
- Arsenal twice came from behind to draw 2-2 at the Etihad Stadium in last season’s corresponding fixture, and they also beat City 2-0 at home. The Gunners are unbeaten in six matches against City in all competitions, stretching back to their crushing 6-3 defeat in December 2013.
The new customer offer from 888Sport, with odds of 7/1 on a Manchester City win and 11/1 on Arsenal, is sure to lure a number of punters and also opens the door for a Sure Bet or Matched Betting opportunity, where customers can wager on all the different outcomes to guarantee a profit. It is certainly a tough match to call, with Arsenal coming unstuck in midweek after a good run and Man City beating Watford to get back on track following a couple of poor performances.
Arsenal have a much more settled side than City despite their setback against Everton, but Pep Guardiola will be keen to show that he has learnt from the recent loss to Chelsea and will be feeling slightly more relaxed following Wednesday’s victory. It is a game that neither side can really afford to lose and both probably need to win to cling to Chelsea’s coat-tails, so it could start as quite a tight affair before opening up in the later stages.City will still be missing the suspended Sergio Aguero, but could just edge a close game on home soil and a decent option looks to be on Draw/Man City in the Half-Time/ Full Time market at 9/2 with 888 Sport.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Draw/Man City in Half Time/ Full Time - 9/2 at 888Sport
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.