How the Bookies See It:
- Winner: Southampton 8/5, Bournemouth 17/10, Draw 12/5 – Paddy Power
- Goals Over/Under 2.5: Over 5/4, Under 8/13 – Bet365
- Draw No Bet: Southampton 8/1, Bournemouth 1/11 – Sky Bet
- Bournemouth are currently on 21 points for the 2016/17 season, having won six, drawn three and lost seven of their 16 matches thus far. The team most recently played against Leicester on Tuesday 13th December, winning 1-0, and prior to that they suffered a 3-2 away loss to Burnley on Saturday 10th December. Bournemouth haven’t achieved two back-to-back wins all season, however they have won both of their last two home games. The team have scored 22 goals and conceded 25, giving them an average of 1.37 goals scored per match.
- Southampton are also on 21 points, but have earned those in a slightly different manner, with five wins, six draws and five losses. The Saints will visit Bournemouth on the back of a 0-0 draw with Stoke on Wednesday 14th December, and that followed a 1-0 home win over Middlesbrough on Sunday 11th December and a 3-0 away loss to Crystal Palace on Saturday 3rd December. Southampton haven't won any of their last five Premier League away games, and the team have scored 14 and conceded 15 goals, for an average of 0.87 goals scored per match.
This match looks like it will be a rather tight affair, and the bookies have priced it accordingly, with Southampton the slim favourites to win. We are hesitant to agree with those odds, and we interpret the goal stats and recent home/away form to suggest either a narrow victory to the home side or a draw. Since that doesn’t make for the most confident of bets, we will play in the Draw No Bet market to remove the option of a draw, and will side with Bournemouth to win.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Bournemouth to win in the Draw No Bet market – 1/1 with SkyBet
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.