How the Bookies See It:
- Winner: Burnley 15/2, Draw 19/5, Arsenal 4/11 – SkyBet
- Both Teams to Score: Yes 10/11, No 4/5 – Paddy Power
- Over/Under 2.5 Goals: Over 4/6, Under 11/10 – Ladbrokes
- Burnley may be celebrating their recent win over Watford, but that was only their second win of the season. Their other four Premier League matches resulted in one draw and three losses, giving the team just seven points. That puts them in 13th place in the league table, which is 10 places lower than Arsenal. As far as goals are concerned, Burnley have now scored 5 from 6 games, and they have conceded 8, giving them a goal difference of -3.
- Arsenal have had a much better season than Burnley so far, despite a stuttering start that saw them lose by one goal to Liverpool on 14th August, then draw 0-0 when visiting Leicester a week later. Fortunately for the Gunners, they have turned things around quite impressively since then, winning each of their last four Premiership matches. Their most recent Premiership match was against Chelsea on 24th September, and they won that by 3-0. They also scored a 2-0 win in their UEFA Champions League match against FC Basel 1893 on 28th September. Arsenal have scored 15 goals from their 6 Premier League matches, and conceded 7, giving them a goal difference of +8.
Burnley have every right to be cheered by their 2-0 win against Watford, but Arsenal are very different opponents, and the visitors won’t be too perturbed by that score line, having already beaten Watford themselves by three goals to one when playing away on 27th August. Arsenal have also been performing well in the Champions League and the English Football League Cup, and that has helped the team to notch up nine consecutive matches without a loss.
Arsenal will be missing Olivier Giroud and Aaron Ramsey (and possibly Francis Coquelin) from the line-up on Sunday due to injuries, but the team will be perfectly capable of extending their unbeaten run on Sunday without those players, and we expect Arsenal to score two or three goals. We will therefore predict Over 2.5 goals in the match as a whole.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Over 2.5 Goals – 4/6 with Ladbrokes
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.