How the Bookies See It:
- Winner: Burnley 9/5, Draw 11/5, Watford 13/8 – Paddy Power
- Under/Over 2.5 Goals: Under 8/13, Over 6/5 – SkyBet
- Both Teams to Score: Yes 10/11, No 11/10 – Bet365
- Burnley have won just one of their five Premier League games so far this season, whilst drawing one and losing three. That puts them on four points and fifth from the bottom of the table. Their last three matches have resulted in a 3-0 loss at Chelsea on 27th August, a 1-1 draw when hosting Hull on 10th September, and a 3-0 thrashing when visiting Leicester. The Clarets have scored just three goals from their five games, and they have conceded eight, giving them a goal difference of -5.
- Watford are in ninth place in the Premier League table and have earned seven points thanks to two wins, one draw and two losses from their five league games. The Hornets lost at home to Arsenal on 27th August by three goals to one, then visited West Ham on 10th September and secured a 4-2 victory. The team also won their most recent game, which was at home against Manchester United, and the score line on that occasion was 3-1. Watford have scored 10 goals and conceded 9, for a goal difference of +1.
Whilst Burnley will be keen to get back to winning ways as soon as possible, we don’t think that the team will manage to do that in this match. Watford have had a pretty good start to the season, and they will come here on the back of a 3-1 win over Manchester United – a result that is sure to have boosted their confidence considerably. Their last away game against West Ham was also good news for Watford, and on recent form it is hard to imagine them failing here, especially given the fact that Burnley have to look back to the 20th August for the memories of their sole win this season.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Watford to win the match – 13/8 with Paddy Power
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.