How the Bookies See it
- Winner: Man City 6/5, Draw 5/2, Chelsea 5/2 - Betfred
- First Goalscorer: Sergio Aguero (MCI) 10/3, Diego Costa (CHE) 5/1, Kelechi Iheanacho (MCI) 11/2 - Sky Bet
- Half Time/Full Time: Man City/Man City 5/2, Draw/Man City 19/4 Draw/Draw 5/1 - BetVictor
- Manchester City seem to have recovered following October’s ‘mini crisis’ in which Pep Guardiola’s men recorded just one win in all competitions. Since then, the Citizens have picked up three wins in five games, including a 3-1 over Spanish giants Barcelona. Last time out, City faced a tricky trip to Turf Moor, a game in which they found themselves a goal down before a brace from Sergio Aguero saved their blushes.
- Chelsea suffered an early season wobble of their own, as defeats to Liverpool and Arsenal left Antonio Conte sweating on his future at Stamford Bridge. However, the Italian has improved his side’s fortunes, winning seven straight league games and conceding just one goal in the process since switching to a back three. A come-from-behind win against Tottenham in their last outing allowed the Blues to enter this fixture as top dogs in the Premier League, thanks to goals from Pedro and a revitalised Victor Moses.
Manchester City’s recent record against Chelsea is mixed to say the least. In the last eight meetings between the two sides, both clubs have picked up three victories, while two games have ended in score draws. It could be worth backing the two teams to match each other evenly in another tight contest, with odds on a 1-1 draw looking tempting at 13/2 with BetVictor. However, for those not looking to be as specific, a bet on both teams to score in a game that ends all square also looks good value at 18/5.
Both league games finished 3-0 to City last season, but Chelsea enjoyed a stonking 5-1 win over their northern rivals in the fifth round of the FA Cup. Don’t expect this game to be as high scoring, with a cagey scrap the more likely outcome. City may look to make home advantage count, but could struggle to break down a stubborn Blues’ back line. With this in mind, a bet of under 1.5 goals in the match could prove lucrative at 3/1 with Sky Bet.
This game pits two of the league’s most in-form frontmen against each other, as Sergio Aguero and Diego Costa come face-to-face. Aguero is certainly an obvious choice for punters in the goalscorer markets, with the Argentine striker netting ten goals in 919 minutes this campaign, giving the 28-year-old an average of a goal every 92 minutes. Guardiola’s Mr Reliable is 17/5 with BetVictor to strike first in this game, while a goal at any point in a home win looks inviting at 19/10 with William Hill. On the opposing side, Costa will most definitely want to test a City defence that has looked shaky in games this season. An opening goal for the Brazilian-turned-Spaniard is 11/8 with Betfred, while a goal to round off the fixture is 5/1 with William Hill.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Correct Score 1-1: 13/2 with BetVictor
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.