How the Bookies See It:
- Winner: Southampton 19/10, Draw 23/10, Tottenham 6/4 – Paddy Power
- Goals Under/Over 2.5: Under 11/10, Over 7/10 – Bet365
- Draw No Bet: Southampton 1/1, Tottenham 8/11 – Ladbrokes
- Southampton have earned 24 points this season thanks to 6 wins, 6 draws and 5 losses from the 17 matches that they have played, and that puts them in 7th place in the Premier League table. Their most recent match was on Sunday 18th December, when they achieved a 3-1 win over Bournemouth. Prior to that, the Saints drew 0-0 with Stoke on Wednesday 14th December, and beat Middlesbrough 1-0 on Sunday 11th December. The team has scored 17 goals this season, and conceded 16, giving them a current average of 1 goal scored per match.
- Tottenham are 5th in the league table, with 33 points to their credit. They have won 9, drawn 6 and lost just 2 premiership matches this season, and will come here on the back of a 2-1 victory over Burnley on Sunday 18th December. Tottenham beat Hull by 3-0 on Wednesday 14th December, and their only loss this month was to Manchester United on Sunday 11th December, when the match ended 1-0. Spurs have scored 29 goals and conceded 12 from their 17 Premier League games, for an average of 1.70 goals per match.
Southampton aren’t in bad shape at all this season, but Tottenham are faring even better, having lost just two of their Premier League games. Looking back at the record books, we note that Tottenham have beat Southampton in four of their last six meetings, with one draw and one loss making up the numbers, and we wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Spur make it five from seven on Wednesday.
The goal stats back up this opinion, and we would expect something like a 1-2 away win for Tottenham. That said, Southampton won’t be a walkover, and they might manage to hold Spurs to a draw, so we will side with Tottenham in the Draw No Bet market and hope to see the away team return home with three more points to their credit.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Tottenham to win in the Draw No Bet market – 8/11 with Ladbrokes
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.