How the Bookies See It:
- Winner: Swansea 9/2, Draw 16/5, Chelsea 3/5 – Paddy Power
- Goals Over/Under 2.5: Over 4/5, Under 1/1 – Bet365
- Both Teams to Score: Yes 8/11, No 1/1 – Sky Bet
- Swansea City got the season off to a good start on 13th August with a 1-0 away victory over Burnley, but lost both of the two games that they have played since. They lost by two goals to nil when playing at home to Hull on 20th August, and then visited Leicester City on 27th August, where they lost by two goals to one. That means Swansea have scored just two goals from three games, whilst conceding four, and the team is currently 14th in the Premier League table.
- Chelsea has had an excellent start to the season, with three wins from three games played. They achieved a 2-1 win at home against West Ham on 15th August, then did the same when playing away against Watford on 20th August. Their most recent match, on 27th August, saw them beat Burnley by three goals to nil. That gives Chelsea 7 goals from three games, and they have conceded just two. They are second in the Premier league table with 9 points, and only because Man City (who are also on 9 points) has a slightly superior goal difference.
Swansea City have hosted Chelsea on their home ground five times in the Premier League, and have won one game, drawn two and lost two. Their record against the Blues when playing away in the Premier League is even worse, with zero wins, one draw and four losses. Looking at least season specifically, Swansea visited Chelsea in August 2015 and drew 2-2, but they secured a 1-0 home victory over the same opponents in April of this year.
All of that will give Swansea a fraction more hope than they might have had if this were an away fixture, but Chelsea is in terrific form of late, and there is nothing to suggest that the London club can’t make it four wins from as many games this Sunday.
The stats for the 2016/17 season thus far clearly point to Chelsea beating the Welsh side, and a 1-2 or 1-3 score line would probably be the most likely outcome if the averages are anything to go by. We will therefore bet on the total number of goals to be over 2.5.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Over 2.5 Goals – 4/5 with Bet365
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.