How the Bookies See It:
- Winner: West Brom 10/11, Draw 12/5, Burnley 10/3 – Paddy Power
- Draw No Bet: West Brom 4/11, Burnley 2/1 – Sky Bet
- Both Teams to Score: Yes 21/20, No 7/10 – Bet365
- West Bromwich Albion won their most recent match, which was away at Leicester, by two goals to one. That victory ended a disappointing run of five games without a win, and in total the Baggies have won three, drawn four and lost four of their eleven Premier League matches. In the 2014/15 season this fixture saw the home side win 4-0, and West Brom then held Burnley to a 2-2 draw at Turf Moor. West Brom have scored 12 goals this season, and have conceded 15, for an average of 1.09 goals scored per match.
- Burnley also won their latest match, which was at home to Crystal Palace, and the final score in that game was 3-2. They held Manchester United to a 0-0 draw in the previous fixture, after a 2-1 victory over Everton. Burnley are ninth in the table, which is two rungs higher than West Brom, and have won four, drawn two and lost five league games this season. The Clarets have scored 11 goals and conceded 15, for an average of a goal a game.
This looks like a tricky match to predict, and whilst West Brom are the bookmakers' favourites to win, we aren’t confident enough about their chances to back them at an odds-on price. Both teams will be coming here after a win, but West Brom weren’t faring brilliantly before their victory over Leicester, and, in our opinion, Burnley have the superior recent form.
Neither team has been prolific on the goal-scoring front, and the averages suggest that a 1-1 draw might be on the cards, so we will cautiously opt to bet on both teams scoring and keep our fingers crossed that they oblige.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Both teams to score – 21/20 with Bet365
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.