How the Bookies See it:
- Winner: Arsenal 2/7, Draw 5/1, Hull City 11/1 - BetVictor
- First Goalscorer: Olivier Giroud (ARS) 3/1, Alexis Sanchez (ARS) 11/4, Danny Welbeck (ARS) 7/2 - Sky Bet
- Correct Score: Arsenal 2-0 13/2, 1-0 15/2, Arsenal 3-0 8/1 - Bet365
- Arsenal have endured a miserable couple of weeks, having suffered a surprise 2-1 defeat at home to Watford and then gone down 3-1 to Chelsea to fall 12 points behind their London rivals. They are now fourth in the table and face a fight to hold on to a UEFA Champions League spot, with their title hopes realistically over for another season.
- Hull City fans could have been forgiven for going into a run of games against Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal full of dread, but they managed to draw 0-0 at Old Trafford and then beat Jurgen Klopp’s Reds 2-0 last weekend. They are now just a point from safety and will climb out of the relegation zone with a win at Arsenal.
- Arsenal thrashed Hull City 4-1 in the reverse fixture in September and have not lost to the Tigers since a 2-1 defeat in 2008.
Ladbrokes responded to Arsenal’s defeat by Chelsea last week by slashing the odds of Arsene Wenger not being manager of the club on the first day of next season to 8/11, and the atmosphere inside the Emirates Stadium promises to be tense against Hull City. The crowd is sure to be behind the team, if not the boss, and the players will be desperate to get off to a fast start to relieve the anxiety. William Hill’s market on the time of Arsenal’s first goal is intriguing, with a price of 12/5 that the breakthrough will come in minutes 1-15.
However, Arsenal fans may suspect this is wishful thinking against a Hull side that has kept back-to-back clean sheets in clashes with Manchester United and Liverpool. Hull were indebted to a superb performance from goalkeeper Eldin Jakupovic against United and caught Liverpool on a very bad day, but new boss Marco Silva has brought defensive discipline and a number of reinforcements to the club and they will be difficult to break down.
It is hard to see Hull winning at Arsenal, even at tempting BetVictor odds of 11/1, but another frustrating afternoon for the hosts is easier to imagine and Betfred has an attractive price of 22/1 on the match finishing goalless. Arsenal have so many attacking options that they should find a way past Jakupovic in the end, though, and a win to nil looks the likeliest outcome.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Arsenal to win to nil - 11/10 - Bet365
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.