How the Bookies See it
- Winner: Tottenham 11/20, Draw 10/3, West Ham 11/2 - BetVictor
- First Goalscorer: Harry Kane 7/2, Vincent Janssen 9/2, Son Heung-min 9/2 - William Hill
- Correct Score: Tottenham 1-0 7/1, Tottenham 2-0 7/1, Draw 1-1 15/2 - Bet365
- Tottenham are fifth in the Premier League and the only unbeaten team in the division, also boasting the best defensive record after conceding just six times in 11 games. However, they have just slipped off the pace at the top of the table after a run of four draws in a row.
- West Ham go into the latest round of games just one point clear of the relegation zone. They have suffered just one defeat in their last five league matches, though, and drew 1-1 with Stoke City prior to the international break.
- Harry Kane scored twice in a 4-1 victory for Tottenham in the corresponding fixture last season, before West Ham won 1-0 at Upton Park in the return game in March. The Hammers have only won once in the league at White Hart Lane since 1999, and that was a 3-0 success in 2013.
There were signs before the international break that West Ham had begun to turn the corner after a dismal start to the campaign, with the defence looking more solid in recent matches and results slightly picking up. Dimitri Payet has the magical talent to unlock any defence and represents decent value at 4/1 with Betfred in the anytime goalscorer market, but whether the Hammers can threaten Tottenham’s unbeaten record is doubtful.
Spurs may not have won since their impressive 2-0 victory over Manchester City, but they performed much better in a 1-1 draw against Arsenal last time out. Although Dele Alli is set to be sidelined for a few weeks due to injury, the return to fitness of Harry Kane has provided Mauricio Pochettino with an attacking focal point that has been lacking for some time.
Kane’s odds of 7/2 to be first goalscorer look very inviting, while another decent punt could be on Spurs to claim a narrow home win. As they have been tight at the back all season without being too prolific in front of goal, a bet on Tottenham to win either 1-0 or 2-0 at 11/4 with William Hill may be worth taking.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Tottenham to win and under 2.5 goals in the match - 11/4 at William Hill
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.