How the Bookies See It
- Warrington v Leeds: Warrington 1/4, Leeds 4/1, Draw 20/1 - Sky Bet
- Hull FC v St Helens: Hull FC 2/5, St Helens 2/1, Draw 22/1 - Totesport
- Catalans v Hull KR: Catalans 1/9, Hull KR 23/4, Draw 32/1 - 888Sport
- Warrington Wolves sit pretty in third, but have suffered two defeats on the bounce courtesy of Castleford Tigers and Wakefield Wildcats. An 11-0 defeat to Huddersfield Giants last month shows they are beatable, even for Super League’s strugglers.
- Leeds Rhinos are having a nightmare of a season and come into this fixture on the back of four straight Super League defeats, the last two of which have been particularly bruising.
- Hull FC are on storming form and enter round 16 as the league’s most consistent side by a large margin. They overcame derby day nerves last weekend to ease past city rivals Hull KR 28-16. St Helens haven’t reached their full potential yet and sloppy defeats like last week’s reverse to Huddersfield Giants have left them languishing in fifth.
- Catalans Dragons could go level on points with Hull FC if they win on Saturday. However, they have suffered two defeats in the last three games, following a seven-match winning streak, which suggests their star may be waning. Hull KR are the definition of inconsistent, alternating victories and defeats for the past six games. Could last Sunday’s derby defeat mean they are nailed on for a win this weekend?
There are serious issues at Headingley, meaning that despite Warrington’s weaknesses, it is difficult to see anything but Leeds succumbing to another defeat. It could be closer than Rhinos’ last two games, so 11/8 from Betfred on a Leeds win with an eight-point headstart might be worth a punt. In addition, BetVictor’s 7/1 on Leeds to lead at half-time but to crumble to an eventual defeat seems generous.
If there is going to be an upset this weekend, it may well come at the KCOM Stadium when Hull FC take on St Helens. The home side are on a great run, but that has to come to an end at some point in much the same way that St Helens will surely begin to reassert their authority on Super League. Bet365 has 2/1 on a win for the Merseysiders, with a tempting 7/2 from 32Red on them to be leading at both half and full time.
Catalans should find the visit of Hull KR to Perpignan a relatively straightforward affair, although you will have to look at a huge handicap for Dragons before you find anything above evens. Paddy Power’s 11/10 on Catalans to win with a 20.5 point handicap is not impossible, but not hugely alluring.
● Sports.net’s top tip: St Helens/St Helens for Half Time/Full Time - 7/2 at 32Red.