How the Bookies See it
- Winner: Liverpool 2/7, Draw 5/1, Stoke City 11/1 - BetVictor
- First Goalscorer: Daniel Sturridge (LIV) 3/1, Divock Origi (LIV) 3/1, Sadio Mane (LIV) 9/2 - Paddy Power
- Correct Score: Liverpool 2-0 7/1, Liverpool 3-0 17/2, Liverpool 2-1 17/2 - BetVictor
- Liverpool picked up a dramatic late win over neighbours Everton in their last outing, their eleventh league victory of the season. Klopp’s side look to have regained their momentum in recent games following minor blips against Bournemouth and West Ham as they look to maintain their title challenge. Following the charismatic German manager’s decision to recall Simon Mignolet, Liverpool are yet to concede, a run that the Anfield faithful will hope can continue against their upcoming opponents.
- Stoke City were forced to wait until October for their first Premier League win, a run that saw them slump to the foot of the table. However, things have improved for the Potters, who now find themselves in mid table after five wins and three draws in their last ten outings. Recent draws with Southampton and champions Leicester have slowed Mark Hughes’ men’s march up the table, but the Staffordshire side certainly look to have gelled after an early season wobble.
Liverpool’s record against Stoke at Anfield is exceptional, with the Reds slipping to just a single home defeat to the Potters since 1959. That solitary loss came in the second leg of last season’s League Cup semi-final, but even that wasn’t enough to stop the men from Merseyside reaching the final. In the league, Liverpool have come out on top in five of the last six meetings between the two sides, including a 4-1 thrashing in April. The home side are clear favourites to run out winners once again, with BetVictor pricing them at 2/7, odds that might help build an accumulator. However, if you’re looking for a single bet, a Liverpool victory in which over 3.5 goals are netted looks good value at 17/10 with Coral.
Despite Anfield not being a happy hunting ground for Stoke, a handful of the Potters’ squad will be more than familiar with the stadium. Glenn Johnson, Charlie Adam, Joe Allen and Peter Crouch will all be aiming to get one over on their former employers when the two sides meet. Welshman Allen could prove to be the most dangerous threat to a steadily improving Liverpool backline. The midfielder, who was labelled ‘the Welsh Pirlo’ during his time on Merseyside, is a very tempting 5/1 to net anytime. However, for those bettors looking for a slightly riskier wager, Peter Crouch is 9/2 with Bet365 to notch up a goal at some point during the game and become Stoke’s first English goalscorer at the 56th time of asking.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Liverpool to win and over 3.5 goals to be scored - 17/10 with Coral
*Please note, odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.