How the Bookies See it
- Winner: Liverpool 3/10, Draw 5/1, Watford 10/1 - Betfred
- First Goalscorer: Daniel Sturridge (LIV) 10/3, Roberto Firmino (LIV) 7/2, Divock Origi (LIV) 4/1 - Boylesports
- Half Time/Full Time: Liverpool/Liverpool 17/20, Draw/Liverpool 29/10, Draw/Draw 15/2 - Coral
- Liverpool are unbeaten on home soil this season following the redevelopment of Anfield over the summer. The Reds have certainly given their fans something to shout about, picking up 10 points from a possible 12 on Merseyside and netting 11 times. This campaign may still be in its infancy, but Liverpool have impressed fans and pundits alike with their brand of fast-flowing, attack-minded football and an ability to see out games that they once would have surrendered. However, the Reds remain suspect at the back, having kept just one clean sheet in the league all season, something that could harm their chances of lifting a first title in 27 years come May.
- Watford have adapted well to life under new manager Walter Mazzarri following a shaky start that saw the Hornets pick up one point from their opening three games. However, a Vicarage Road resurgence has seen the men in yellow secure four wins and two draws from their last seven games, including a stunning 3-1 win over Manchester United. Watford, who were tipped to be amongst the division’s dead men this term, enter this weekend in seventh place and murmurings of a potential spot in Europe are beginning to spread.
Liverpool have been performing well this season, but a number of comical errors at the back have left the Reds looking a little silly on more than one occasion. Odds of 10/11 from Bet365 are available on the home side overcoming their hoodoo and snuffing out the Watford attack, while a win to nil in favour of the men from Merseyside is priced at 23/20 with BetVictor. If Liverpool are to record their eighth league win of the season, they will be relying on their attackers to make their mark in the match. Expect Roberto Firmino to weave his magic, with the Brazilian 18/5 with BetVictor to score first, while Sadio Mane is also a man that the Reds could look to in this game. The sensation from Senegal is 13/10 to score anytime and 9/2 to score last in a win for the home side.
Watford have a woeful record at Anfield, winning only once in 12 previous visits. The travelling fans must look back to 1999 for the last time their side recorded a victory at Liverpool as a Tommy Mooney goal stunned the home supporters in Watford’s debut season in the Premier League. The Hornets did manage to startle the Reds again last season at Vicarage Road, running out 3-0 winners and proving that they have the quality available to produce a nasty sting from time to time. However, the bookmakers don’t give the away team much hope this Sunday, with Paddy Power offering odds of 11/1 on a Watford win, while a repeat of their 1999 scoreline is available at 28/1 with Coral. Should the Liverpool net bulge, the smart money's on Troy Deeney to produce the goods - the man with the captain’s armband is 3/1 with Boylesport to score anytime.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Liverpool to win to nil - 23/20 with BetVictor
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.