How the Bookies See it
- Winner: Tottenham 1/3, Draw 22/5, West Brom 19/2 - BetVictor
- First Goalscorer: Harry Kane 13/5, Dele Alli 7/2, Son Heung-min 4/1 - William Hill
- Correct Score: Tottenham 2-0 11/2, Tottenham 1-0 6/1, Tottenham 3-0 15/2 - Bet365
- Tottenham brought Chelsea’s 13-match winning streak to an end in their most recent Premier League match, as another Dele Alli double sealed a 2-0 victory. It was Spurs’ fifth consecutive league win and lifted them to within seven points of the leaders. A much-changed Tottenham XI then kept the good run going last week with a 2-0 FA Cup victory over Aston Villa.
- West Brom suffered a shock 2-1 loss at home to Derby County in their FA Cup third-round tie, but have impressed in the league all season and currently occupy eighth place. They came from behind to beat Hull City 3-1 in their first league match of 2017, having previously defeated Southampton 2-1 at St Mary’s.
- The last three matches between the sides have all ended 1-1, including the game at The Hawthorns in October when Dele Alli’s late equaliser cancelled out an opener from Spurs old boy Nacer Chadli. Tottenham’s last home victory over the Baggies came back in January 2012.
The recent history of this fixture has been dominated by draws and West Brom would appear to be something of a bogey team for Tottenham. Tony Pulis’ side have also fused defensive organisation with more of a cutting edge up front this season and will be confident of extending their good form, although the solidity of both teams suggests a high-scoring encounter is unlikely.
Tottenham should be fresh and raring to go, though, after Mauricio Pochettino decided to rest some of his star men for the FA Cup game against Aston Villa. The introduction of Dele Alli for the final half hour helped to shape the course of the game, and the midfielder is in red-hot form after scoring two goals in each of his last three league matches. He has netted seven times in his last four league matches altogether, and odds of 11/2 on Alli in the first goalscorer market look worth taking.
However, an even more favourable price of 10/1 is offered by Bet365 on the final score being 1-1. Having happened in three of the last four meetings between the teams at White Hart Lane, it could be a good idea to have a flutter on more of the same.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Correct Score 1-1 - 10/1 at Bet365
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.