How the Bookies See it:
- Match Winner: Besiktas 17/20, Draw 13/5, Fenerbahce 31/10 - BetVictor
- Correct Score: Draw 1-1 6/1, Besiktas 2-1 15/2 - Bet365
- Both Teams To Score: Yes 4/6, No 23/20 - Coral
- Besiktas are four points clear at the top of the table with just five games to play after an impressive season in which they have only been beaten three times. However, one of those defeats came in their last match, as they went down 3-1 away to nearest challengers Istanbul Basaksehir, ending a run of three wins.
- Fenerbahce currently occupy third spot in the Super Lig, four points behind Istanbul and eight adrift of the leaders. However, they extended their winning streak to four matches at the weekend as they beat Caykur Rizespor 2-1. Fenerbahce also won 1-0 at Besiktas in the Turkish Cup in February, following a goalless draw between the sides in the league earlier this season.
Besiktas are the marginal favourites with bookmakers after a stunning season, but they will go into the game under a lot of pressure after the loss to Istanbul opened up a title race which had appeared almost over. They have also recently seen their Europa League campaign come to an end at the quarter-final stage, following an agonising defeat on penalties against Lyon, and any more dropped points this weekend could prove costly. They will be confident of getting back on track, though, with the league’s top scorer Cenk Tosun providing the firepower and assist king Ricardo Quaresma the creativity.
Portuguese winger Quaresma could be particularly influential, with Fenerbahce facing something of a crisis at right-back as Gregory van der Wiel remains out of favour. Fener have managed to string together a good set of results in recent weeks to keep themselves in contention for a top-two finish, but need to keep winning and will be forced to take the attack to Besiktas at some point. This could play into the home team’s hands, and a smart bet could be on the hosts to emerge triumphant as the game opens up in the second half, with attractive odds in the Half Time/Full Time betting market.
- Sports.net’s Top Tip: Half Time/Full Time - Draw/Besiktas 4/1 at BetVictor
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.