How the Bookies See it:
- Match Winner: Galatasaray 13/8, Fenerbache 7/4, Draw 21/10 - Bet365
- First Goalscorer: Lukas Podolski (GAL) 5/1, Moussa Sow (FEN) 5/1, Robin van Persie (FEN) 5/1 - Sky Bet
- Correct Score: Draw 1-1 5/1, Fenerbache 2-1 9/1, Galatasaray 2-1 9/1 - Bet365
- Galatasaray suffered a heavy 4-0 defeat away to second-placed Istanbul Basaksehir in their last match, leaving them in fourth place and seven points adrift of the top two with just seven games of the season remaining. They had previously hammered Adanaspor by the same scoreline a week earlier, but have been inconsistent by their standards all year and now face a fight just to qualify for Europe.
- Fenerbahce are one point and one place better off than Galatasaray, and are in decent form after winning four of their last five fixtures. Fener’s most recent game resulted in a 3-1 victory over Akhisar Belediyespor, while they also came out on top when they faced Gala earlier in the season as Robin van Persie’s brace secured a 2-0 triumph.
As one of the greatest rivalries in European football, the Kitalararasi derby has produced some incredible drama over the years. Matches are always fiercely contested and generally very close, as almost nine years have passed since either side won by a margin of more than two goals. Fenerbahce have the slight edge going into the weekend match, with a one-point advantage in the league and a win over Galatasaray earlier in the season.
Former Arsenal striker Robin van Persie was the star of the show in that game with a couple of goals and he has the ability to decide any match on his own, but he has failed to really fire this season and has been linked with a move away from the club in the summer as Fener reportedly try to clear room on their wage bill for new stars. The big occasion may bring out the best in him, though, and so he could be worth a punt to give the away team the lead with the first goal.
Galatasaray cannot be underestimated, especially in front of their own fans, but they have been in disappointing form of late and fell foul of another ex-Gunner last time out when Emmanuel Adebayor netted a hat-trick for Istanbul Basaksehir. Gala need to win to keep their Champions League hopes alive and a tight game is likely, as none of the last nine matches between the sides have produced more than three goals in total. There is a chance that tensions could boil over and one or two red cards may be brandished, although it is worth noting that no player has been sent off in any of the last four derbies.
- Sports.net’s Top Tip: Robin van Persie to be first goalscorer 5/1 - Sky Bet
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.