How the Bookies See it
- Winner: Arsenal 1/6, Draw 6/1, Ludogorets 14/1 - Paddy Power
- Half Time/Full Time: Arsenal/Arsenal 4/7, Draw/Arsenal 29/10, Draw/Draw 10/1 - Coral
- Correct Score: Arsenal 2-0 11/2, Arsenal 3-0 13/2, Arsenal 1-0 15/2 - Paddy Power
- Arsenal began their 18th straight Champions League campaign with a very lucky 1-1 draw with French champions Paris Saint Germain. The North London side soon booked up their ideas against FC Basel with a convincing 2-0 win in a game that saw the Premier League outfit dominate from start to finish. Domestically, the Gunners’ form has improved after a number of early season blips. Arsene Wenger’s men seem to have rediscovered the form that landed them a runners-up spot last term and enter this game off the back of a positive set of results.
- Ludogorets Razgrad stormed through the qualifying rounds, scoring 15 goals in six matches to become Bulgaria’s sole representatives in the group stage. The team began their second season in Europe’s premier club competition with a well-earned 1-1 draw at FC Basel before being brought back down to earth following a 3-1 defeat to Group A favourites Paris Saint Germain. Back home, the Eagles have been free scoring, netting 22 times in just eight league games and winning six in the process.
Arsenal’s results have picked up in recent weeks, as have their European performances. The Gunners have not failed to score since a 0-0 draw with Leicester City back in August, mainly thanks to the firepower of forward duo Alexis Sanchez and Theo Walcott. Sanchez has hit the target five times in all competitions, while Walcott leads the way on seven, and both men are amongst the favourites to open the scoring in this game. Should they hit the ground running, the Emirates faithful could be treated to a scoreline that wouldn’t look out of place at a cricket match. An Arsenal win by three or more goals is priced at 23/20 with Coral, but why not opt for a home victory by four or more for even better odds?
Ludogorets Razgrad may not be a familiar name to many Arsenal fans, but they may want to heed the warnings of Liverpool supporters ahead of Wednesday’s game. The Bulgarians gave the Reds quite a scare in their two Champions League games back in 2014, narrowly losing the tie at Anfield before snatching a late draw in Sofia to all but eliminate the team from Merseyside. The Group A underdogs are 22/1 with Ladbrokes to snatch an unlikely victory and an even more tempting 40/1 with Coral to win to nil. An away victory is certainly not favoured by the bookmakers, with a 1-0 Ludogorets triumph fetching the same price as a 7-0 Arsenal win (40/1), but Arsenal have been known to stumble in Europe on previous occasions.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Arsenal to win by four or more goals - 11/4 with Paddy Power
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.